I'm 5ft2 And150 Lbs Want to Have 450 to 475 Cc Saline Pre Op 36c?

I'm 41 and have had some kids i have good breast skin I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 150 lbs I'm getting breast implants in August 2013 and I'm unsure on if I should go 450 cc or 500 my ps said 400 cc both breast with a very small lift will work to give a more natural look I'm looking for I also would like to be awake for this procedure will it impact the healing time if I'm awake?

It would be nice if you provided RealSelf with photos and measurements. Without this vital information it is difficult to make specific recommendations.. Your surgeon is in the best position to judge.  It is not recommended to use too large an implant when you are getting a lift.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Picking the perfect implant size

I strongly recommend that you try on in your surgeon's office the breast implant sizes that you are considering.  That way you will know exactly what to expect post-op.  You will be much more comfortable being asleep for this procedure.  Good luck.

450 to 475 Cc

Without photos, breast measurements, and some idea of what your goals are it will not be possible to offer useful advice. The difference between 450 and 500 cc is probably to subtle to recommend one or the other over the internet. I am not sure what you mean by a "small lift", but using large implants at the time of a lift is a red flag to many surgeons. 

The type of anesthesia you have will not impact your healing time. 

Try on implants at your surgeon's office, and discuss your goals to best pick out the right implants. All the best. 

Breast Augmentation anesthesia

Discuss with your plastic surgeon how he would like to proceed with your surgery in regard to the anesthesia.  Breast augmentation surgery can be done under conscious sedation or general, depending on how your surgeon feels comfortable.  Your healing will not differ depending on the anesthesia.