5ft Tall: What Weight is Suitable for me to Have a Brazilian Butt lift?

Body weight for Brazilian buttock lift

+1

Your body weight is not as important as the distribution and amount of fat you have available to harvest for a fat transfer to the buttock (Brazilian buttock lift). If you are 5 ft tall I would estimate you would need to be in the range of 110-120 in order to have sufficient fat to be liposuctioned and transferred to your buttock area.  If you are too thin, you may need to gain some weight prior to surgery in order to become a better candidate. I will occasionally have patients gain weight before surgery in select cases.

A board certified plastic surgeon experienced with this procedure can examine you to determine if you are a good candidate.

Dr.Bruno

Ideal Weight for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

For a Brazilian butt lift, like any cosmetic surgery, the ideal weight for a patient is based on the Body Mass Index (BMI).  The BMI calculation is a ratio of height to weight.  The ideal BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9.  

At your height of 5' 0", your ideal weight range is 95 lbs to 127 lbs in order to have a BMI between 18.5 and 24.9.

A BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 means that the patient is well-nourished, not overweight, likely to be healthy, and a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift or other cosmetic surgery.  A BMI less than 18.5 suggests a patient is underweight and may not have enough excess fat to allow for fat harvesting with liposuction and subsequent transfer to the buttocks.  A BMI between 25 and 29.9 means that a patient is overweight; a BMI greater than 30 signifies true obesity.  

See below for a Summary of BMI interpretation:

Underweight:  BMI < 18.5

Ideal Body Weight (for Brazilian Butt Lift and other Cosmetic Surgery):  BMI 18.5 to 24.9

Overweight:  BMI 25 to 29.9

Obese:  BMI > 30

Many plastic surgeons will not perform cosmetic surgery on patients with a BMI greater than 30 due to the increased risks and complications encountered in this patient population.  If your BMI is greater than 30, I recommend you lose weight prior to undergoing any plastic surgery procedure, including a Brazilian butt lift.

Jaime Perez, M.D.

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist in Tampa, Florida

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa, Florida

Jaime Perez, MD