Im 5ft 6, 34 A/b, 9st 3 Lbs Are 400cc Gonna Be Too Big for my Frame and What Size Would I Be Then?

Hello im 5ft 6inc and weigh around 9st 3 and am currently a 34a/b, My surgeon has suggested that i go for either 375 0r 400cc under the musscle. I want to achieve a natural look and dont want to end up looking fake.like they have been stuck on or have then too high up. Im finding it very difficult to choose which ones, can you help???

Size recommendations

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant size for a natural look

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

375 or 400 cc Implants

+1

25 cc in size terms is not noticeable and should not cause any distress no matter which implant is chosen.

Sizing for a natural look.

+1

Thanks for sharing your story. Any size recommended should be based on measurements and your goals. In our office, we use a breast volume sizing system, which is made by Mentor, and makes patients feel so much more better about choosing a size. See if this is available?  Good luck. Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast implants and cup size

+1

Breast implant size is clearly closely related to bra cup size, and a larger rib cage (as measured by 32 34 36 etc) will accomadate a larger implant without looking fake.  The height of 5 foot 6 and 110-129 lb range with a 34 is fairly average, and in that range, each 150-175 cc in implant size will translate into an approximate 1 cupe increase in bra size. Therefor a 34 A or B with a 400 cc implant will translate into a D bra size, and will come close to looking fake, but not always.  You are right to be careful.  The experience of the surgeon, and looking at pictures of other patients with similar height and weight after augmentation with that size implant can be very helpful.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “looking fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.