5ft 3, 100 Pounds Petite Frame Opt to Moderate High Profile Impants 250cc Will This Suit Me?

i am 5 ft 3" tall, 100 pounds, with a petite frame, i visited 2 doctors one suggested a 280 cc high profile teardrop implant and the other 300 cc high profile round implant. I am not a big fan of teardrop afraid of rotation in the pocket, however i am concerned of the upper fullness created by high profile (fake look). I am looking for a natural look. Will using a mentor moderate high profile implant work on me??

Best Style and Size Implant For Me

+2

With your height and weight, the smallest sized implant that will be covered by your breast tissue would be your best choice. Trying on implant sizers can help you see how varying sizes look on your frame. As a personal choice I prefer round smooth implants for aesthetic augmentation. For most patients I do not like high profile implants. However some patients with very narrow chest diameters desiring larger sizes may prefer this size. How much breast tissue you already have, how wide your breasts are and your aesthetic goals as concerns final size will lead you to an implant size that should satisfy you. I do not typically see the 'fake' looking upper breast fullness in patients who have chosen reasonably sized implants.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

High profile implants

+2

The high profile implant is very popular, especially in ladies with narrow frames. I like to use implants with a diameter similar to the diameter of your natural breast to avoid a large space between the breasts. The high profile implant has a smaller diameter and more projection for the same volume. From the side view the high profile implant  looks bigger because it comes further out from your chest. When implants of the same width are compared, the high profile implant is about a bra cup size larger for the same width in a midrange profile implant.

Michael Horn, MD

Small, high implant Best

+1

Since you are petite, I recommend a small implant.  Implants are best placed behind the pectoralis major muscle.  In that position the muscle determined the profile more than the type of implant.  I suggest you use the smallest implant to give you the size change that your desire.  The implant should be placed as high as possible to prevent descent and lateral displacement and maintain upper pole fullness.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski. M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

It is difficult to discuss what the best implant choice for you is without performing an exam and discussing your goals.  This is doen during consultation.  Good luck!

Best volume and shape implant for breast augmentation

+1

Good question.  There is never only one perfect implant and those "best" options depend on your breast and chest wall characteristics.  So without examining you a specific answer is not realistic.  Generally I use round smooth implants.  I am underwhelmed that saline filled shaped implant have an real shape advantage and my impression is that they have a more undesirable feel than round smooth saline filled implants.  Shaped gel filled implants have a small population that they benefit.  Usually ladies with some breast relaxation but do not want the added scars associated with a breast lift.  The trade off is that the shaped gels are so firm they feel more like saline implants.  Hope that this helps. 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

+1

When I recommend implant size/profile, I consider each patient's desired look as well as her anatomy.  I measure her chest width and height and thickness of the breasts; I also have patients try implant sizers.  It is also important to communicate with patients what their desired look/goal is - some patients want "fake" look and some others want to look more natural and conservative.  A high profile, round implant is very popular if they want fuller look.  A moderate profile, round implant gives more natural, conservative look.  Anatomic implants do have potential risk for malpositioning/malrotation.  Please share with your plastic surgeon photos of people that you want to look like.  After seeing your desired look and measuring your body, she/he will will able to give you a better recommendation.

Sugene Kim, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning and2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.
Dr Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant profile and look

+1

The anatomic gel implants will likely give you a better chance of obtaining a "more natural look" than a round (moderate, moderate plus or high profile) implant.  With round implants, the look is not predictable.  Some women end up looking like two half grapefruits on their chest and other look more tear drop shaped.  This depends on a number of factors including how you heal or scar in the implants, which no one can predict.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon