595 Silicone Breast Implants?

Hi im 5'5 weigh 157 lbs and im having 595cc silicone breast implants done in 4 days, im affraid that may be to big because im already a 36c. What size would that make me as just a guess? I also have had 3 kids. my surgeon says it will look nice because it will fill in all my extra skin.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

595cc Implants

+1

Thank you for your question, as the other Surgeons have stated , this is a difficult question to answer without photos or an in person examination, from the information you provided that size implant seems very large for a patient who is already a C cup. I would suggest you get several other opinions before spending your money , only to be disappointed.

If I can be of any further assistance , please do not hesitate to contact our facility, Premiere Center offers Free Consultations as well as convenient email consultations.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

595 Silicone Breast Implants?

+1

This is a very difficult question to answer without photos and without examining you.  But based on the numbers you have provided 595 cc seems awfully large and if you are a real C cup (not a Victoria's Secret C cup) such an implant would make you a DD, if not a DDD.  So please be careful in the size you decide on.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

595 cc implants

+1

Without pictures or an exam, I cannot comment on whether those are the right size implants.  I would advise you to try them on in your surgeon's office before surgery to make sure you like that much extra volume. Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

595cc implants in 36C Cup

+1

That is a large implant to have for initial augmentation. Certainly no one can tell you if that is best for you without photos and more information.  You can expect to be at least a DD or larger.  I would recommend you get one or 2 other opinions, and find someone who has sizers to try on.  I use those regularly and it helps tremendously for both the patient and me as the operating surgeon.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Confused on Size!

+1

Dear Dolly,

Thank you for your question.  Would be very helpful to have your chest dimensions, and photo to give you a more educated answer.  Size look different on different chests, as breasts may be wider or more narrow.  The base width of your breast will be the most important feature to know as well as the pinch test.  In general, if you are truly a C, then you will probably be in the DD+ region after a 600 cc increase.  This is a pretty large size.  It is important to discuss with your plastic surgeon your goals in size and shape before surgery.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

595 cc implants and final size

+1

It is difficult to determine what cup size you will be, a good rough estimate is to perform a baggy test and try on a bra that fits.

You've probably had your surgery...

+1

so this is a suggestion to anyone considering implants.  Use SIZERS!  It will give you a great idea as to whether your body can handle the volume or not.  Arbitrarily picking a size or depending on someone else to pick for you is simply too risky in my opinion.  Sizers in unpadded bras are very accurate in predicting the size and look that you will have.  Hope your procedure turned out just as you had hoped for.

Curtis Wong, MD

595 Silicone Breast Implants?

+1

Since there are no fixed standards to define cup size, this is tough to answer in any setting, especially without photos. Implants of that size can be expected to result in a 2 to 32 cup size increase. 

Have you had a chance to try these on as sizers?  That will give a pretty good ballpark idea of size. 595cc is a large implant. 

All the best. 

Breast cup after 500+ implants

+1

One way to size the implants is to try them in the office with a large sports bra.  If you like the look of the implants, this may allay your fears as to the final result.  I do agree however with other posts suggesting that if taking up excess skin is the concern, a mastopexy would be a better choice with a smaller implant size. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon