I Am 5'9, Really Want Full C, but D Would Be Even Better, What Size CCs Would I Need to Get to a D? (photo)

I am 5'9 , maybe taller, and I weigh roughly 135 ( still loosing baby weight). I really want to at least be a full C, full D would be even better. What size CCs should I get to achieve this. I currently wear a 34 B but it is the wrong size due to loss of mass from breast feeding. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cup size and cc's

+1

You really need to be fit with implant sizers placed in the bra of your choice to properly choose a size and volume that you desire.  This can be done at your consultation appointment.  But no breast cup size can ever be guaranteed after an augmentation even if we use the cc’s of fill volume that you chose, since even bra manufacturers have not standardized cup sizes.  I.e. a “c-cup” at Victoria Secrets is a “b-cup” at Walmart! 

Albany Plastic Surgeon

How to determine how many cc's you need for a breast augmentation to get a D cup

+1

It appears as though you're an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation procedure.  If you came in for a consultation, I would basically review with you several things.  First, cup size varies from store to store, so choosing an implant based solely on cup size can be difficult.  Instead, what I would have you do is to place several different sizes of breast implants into your bra to see what size you'll need in order to achieve the look that you want.  Second, I would encourage you to bring in photos of breasts that you like.  This way, I can get an objective idea of the look that you're going for.  Having done a great many breast augmentations, I believe you'll need anywhere from 350-400cc to get the look that you're going for.  As far as implant projection (moderate, moderate plus, high profile, ultra high profile) we would essentially determine this based upon your dimensions as well as how much cleavage you'd like.  All in all, I think you will look great after a breast augmentation.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

CC's is only part of the decision

+1

In order to say which implant to use I would need to measure your breast diameter. Once we get the diameter then the profile or projection is determined based on what your soft tissue characteristcs and desires. Deciding simply on a volume is not smart! Some of the suggestions made by other doctors are ill advised. I would venture to say that your breast diameter is between 12-13cm. If that is true then the largest midrange profile implant would be 339cc (diam 12.4cm, projection 4.0) making you a "34D" (Your "B" plus 339cc = D).  To increase the volume your only option would be to go with a high profile implant with about the same diameter: 450cc (diam 12.4cm, projection 5.2cm) making you a 34DD. Trust me I've done thousands of breast augmentations and we fit all our patients with bras postoperatively. Good luck!

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Implant Size Advice

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Tweet

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

I Am 5'9, Really Want Full C, but D Would Be Even Better, What Size CCs Would I Need to Get to a D?

+1

Over the internet very hard to be exact. My guess is a 450 cc could give a D cup result. Best to obtain a few in person consultations.//

Cup size

+1

Cup size is difficult to determine from a single photo. Having said that, you should find a surgeon with pre and post-op photos, and implants for you to try on in the office, as this helps. Talk to friends. Finally ask the surgeon what he thinks.

To get a full D, I suspect you will need at least 450-500.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Predicting implant size and cup size

+1

Cup size can be difficult to predict.  You must account for the breast base diameter, and skin laxity.   It may be difficult for you to achieve a D cup size as the implant size will be limited due to your size.  

Breast implants

+1

It is difficult to tell you what would be the best implants for you without an exam in person. Too many variable go into the selection process to give advice in this format.