Breast Implant Removal and Lift

i am 59 and have had implants since 1997 (12yrs) i went from a c cup to a dd cup, since I only wanted to lift my breast and make them look nice, The implants make me look like Dolly, and since I've gained weight they look even bigger. I want them removed. It has been 12 yrs and I'm 59 yrs young. I will probably need another lift since these heavy breast are still sagging. I've had CC once and I think I'm getting some tightness in one of my breast with shooting pain that could possibly be the formation of CC. can both procedures be done at the same time without problems?

Breast implant removal and lift?

+2

Direct physical examination would be necessary to accurately answer your question.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Removing breast implants

+2

Many times a lift is performed with implant removal.  I could give you a better idea of what you can expect with a picture or actual physical exam.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast lift and implant removal.

+2

Judging from your description of size, performing the implant removal with a lift should be a straightforward procedure but the risks will be related to the complexity of the lift.

Breast Implant Removal and Lift

+2

You should be fine. In most of my patients, it is possible to uplift the breasts and remove old implants at the same time. Your physician has to examine you and agree that this most likely will work well for you, though. I would recommend a consultation with the original surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon. In my experience, many patients are quite happy with smaller, perkier breats and while incisions are required to remove excess skin, they usually heal nicely.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal and lifts

+2

Yes, both breast implant removal and lifts can be done at the same time but I don't recommend it. There is also no reason or need to remove the capsule around the implants unless they are heavily calcified or otherwise abnormal. 

Breasts do not sag because of implants and removing implants does not make them sag either. They may look more saggy because of the volume loss (the reverse of why they look lifted when the implant is put in) but they don't actually sag. 

Since implant removal can be very simple through an inframammary incision under local anesthesia and there is no way to judge the look of the breast after 12 years and how you feel about it, I recommend removing just the implants with a simple, low-cost procedure and then deciding what if anything is needed or desired regarding a lift. You can even reconsider implants after removing them or a breast reduction along with a lift. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal and uplift

+2

Yes, your breast implants can be removed and a lift would elevate your nipples and tighten and reshape your breasts. This can all be done at the same time as an outpatient. The pain should be less than with implants and your recovery, back to full activity could be in as little as two weeks!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants Out/Breasts Up

+2

Implant removal, lift and capsule removal can and should be accomplished at the same time.   This obviously this must be accomplished judiciously to minimize complications.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implant removal

+2

Breast implants can be removed and at the same time a breast lift performed. The risks are slightly higher in these combination surgeries. Wound healing problems, asymmetry, and nipple loss. Cosult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Understand the surgery and potential risks, and alternatives

Breast lift and implant removal

+2

A breast lift may be done at the same time as implant removal if you have enough tissue to support the lift.