How to Get a D Cup with Breast Implants?

Am 5'9 B cup wish to be a D. After breastfeeding, have very small,empty B cup. Have had consultation and have choice of 390cc or 430cc implants. I am 5'9 tall athletic build, slim with broad shoulders and 36 B. I am having sub muscular implants but what cc's will give me a D cup?

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Bra size

Its really important that you do not focus on the size of the implant with your doc and the size of your bra after surgery but on the look you want that will help determine the appropriate bra size

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

214 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012

How to Get a D Cup with Breast Implants

Given you numbers, I would be inclined to recommend the 430 cc but would prefer a full examination and sizing int order to provide a more definite answer.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

D cup

To size you up for implants takes a physcial exam and discussion of your goals.  Everyone carries the volume a bit differently and the bras do not always correlate to the volume.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028