I Am 5'9/135 PS Suggested 650cc High Profile? Will I Look Like a Stripper?

I currently have 500cc mod. profile plus silicon. I do not look big at all. I would like to go up a cup size. I would like more projection, but am afraid 650 high profile will be too big. I have a very thin breast area and you can see the implant shape on one breast which I hate . As I want a larger but more natural looking breast. I am originally a AA. What about a 600cc mod profile plus. will this be too wide of an implant. I have decent cleavage now. Or a 550 cc ?

Moderate Plus or High Profile Implants

+2

Obviously it would be best to have a photo. Along with your height and build, I would like to know your breast width. In general, high profile implants will give you a more fake look especially if you already have thin skin.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants typically lead to less "natural" results.

+1

Without photos or an exam, its difficult to give specific recommendations. In general, if you are unhappy with the current implants because you can see the implant shape, going larger is not going to improve this. A shaped implant may be a better fit for you, however these are not currently available in silicone. Remember, if you started as an A cup, essentially your entire breast is implant. Placing larger implants simply accentuates this fact.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

650cc implants

+1

A before picture would be ideal in order to give a proper opinion.  Moderate profile plus may be the ideal shape though. I tend to recommend this for most patients unless their chest width is extremely narrow.  The high-profile implants do tend to look more "fake" in my opinion. I hope this helps.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

+1

Very hard to advise without a posted photo. Best to seek more in person evaluations with boarded PSs in your area. 

Breast Augmentation Revision Results?

+1

Prior to proceeding with revisionary breast surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D cup” or "fake looking" or "stripper breasts" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”. 

Will 650cc high profile implants give me stripper boobs?

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to be exact in answering your questions however from your description of your physical build, I would say that increasing your implant size will not give you a more natural look but more of an augmented look.  In an augmented breast, there is a ratio of your own breast tissue and the implant.  Generally, the larger the ratio is in favor of the implant size, the more "fake" the breasts will appear.  As good as current implants are, they are not breasts and if there is little tissue to "hide" the implants, then the more they will dominate your breast shape and appearance.  Given your are naturally a AA, you do not have much breast tissue to hide the implant.  

The hardest thing in plastic surgery is to accept the limitations our body gives us.  Please address your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon who can better help you understand the issues you are concerned about.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast augmentation

+1

Larger implants and natural look are often an oxymoron.  Larger implants may cause more rippling and strethcing of the skin and soft tissue.  Photos are always helpful to get an idea from your description.

Revision implant size recommendation

+1

It is difficult to answer your questions without photos (or, preferably, a physical exam), however there are some general guidelines that I recommend following:

1. The chosen implant width needs to be correct in relationship to your chest wall dimensions.  If your current implant width is correct, the only appropriate choice for a larger implant would be an implant with more projection (a higher profile).
  2. Implants with greater projection never look more natural.  The only way to increase implant size and look more natural would be to use larger implants with the same profile if your current implants are too narrow for your chest wall, or by placing the implants behind the pectoralis muscle if they are presently on top.
  3. Depending upon where you can "see the implant shape" on one side, this may be correctable by changing the width of your implant (if it is presently incorrect), placing the implant behind the muscle (if it is presently on top of the muscle), or by using either your present scar capsule or Strattice to add a layer of camouflage over the implant.

I would recommend that you obtain consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced in breast augmentation revision, to determine which options would be appropriate to help you achieve your goals.

Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Will I Look Like A Stripper with 650cc Breast Implants?

+1

Based on what you provided, it is hard to offer specific advice. However, you already have thin breasts and the implant shape is visible. You also want to be larger yet more natural. Going larger typically gives a LESS natural appearance and a MORE visible implant. You should discuss with your plastic surgeon your concerns but going larger generally does not make a natural breast.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Stripper look after breast augmentation

+1

I don't know what strippers look like in Texas, however it is important that you know what you don't like, and how you want to look. Photos you like may help your surgeon zero in on the right result. With thin cover, the larger implant, especially the high profile may 'show through' quite a bit and be round. The 600 moderate, not too much difference from 500cc. Your photos should help.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com