I Am 58 Years Old Man and Have Thinning Eyebrows Related to Age. Is There a Remedy?

I'm 58 and have noticed that my eyebrows have thinned a lot since my youth when I had dark thick eyebrows. It makes my brows look see through and I want the fuller eyebrows I had when I was younger. Is there a remedy for this in the form of a pill or ointment of some sort? I've been tested for all diseases and it's not a side effect from a medical condition.I have very fine hair on my head and am thinning on the crown also and I have always had a light beard with no growth on the cheeks at all. O

Eyebrow Transplantation

+1

Occasionally minoxidil or Latisse(R) -  a product for eyelashes-  can restore eyebrows.  In addition, you need to be tested for thyroid levels.  However, the definitive treatment is an eyebrow transplant, a procedure that very few doctors have experience performing, but when done correctly, can nicely restore the eyebrows to a fuller look.  Do your homework to make sure to get this procedure done correctly.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow Transplant to Restore Thinning Eyebrows

+1

Yes, there is a remedy for thinning eyebrows. If it’s not the side effect of a medical condition, or even malnourishment (for which the remedy would simply be a better diet or multivitamin), you may need eyebrow transplantation. Follicular unit extraction (FUE) hair transplant using uGraft is generally an excellent solution for people who want thicker eyebrows. FUE body hair transplant is another viable option, which would use an amenable donor source like leg hair to transplant to your eyebrows. All of these surgical options are minimally invasive, safe, heal quickly, and result in cosmetically acceptable scarring.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow restoration

+1

Our group has had tremendous results using follicular unit transplantation for eyebrow restoration.  The donor site heals remarkably well and the transplanted hairs look very natural.  We do have a consultation office in your city and would love to meet with you to discuss all of your options.  We can even take a look at the thinning hair on your scalp and make recommendations.  Best of luck to you.

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon