I Am 58. Am I Too Old for a Brazilian Butt Lift? I Am 4' 11" and 130 Pounds, Average Build, and Go to Gym 2-3X a Week.

I Am 58.  Am I Too Old for a Brazilian Butt Lift?  I Am 4' 11" and 130 Pounds, Average Build, and  Go to Gym 2-3X a Week.

Too Old for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

No, You are not too old.  It's not a matter of age, it's a matter of health. I have operated on patients in their 70's with no problems and have had to turn down patients in their 30's and 40's because of health problems.  To have this surgery, you want to be in your best health and well nourished so that you can heal well and get a great result.

I am 58yo - Am I too old for a Brazilian butt lift?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Age alone is not a contraindication to a surgical procedure. There are a few medical comorbidities that contribute to a higher risk during any surgical procedure including infections, wound complications, delayed wound healing, bleeding, anesthetic risks, etc. Factors such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart problems, lung problems, etc are more common in the elderly. However, if you are healthy, or these conditions are well-controlled, you would certainly still be a candidate for a surgical procedure. If your complaints or desires are great enough to consider the surgical option, I would seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your complaints and go over the options as well as risks and benefits of the procedure.

You should obtain medical clearance from your primary care physician that you are at an acceptable risk for undergoing a surgical procedure. For elective or aesthetic procedures, your surgeon may want to get you to a reasonable health status prior to consideration for a procedure. Discuss all of your medical comorbidities and medication with your surgeon prior and discuss these risks. Also, discuss this with your anesthesiologist as proper monitoring and medications will be watched closely. This procedure should still be very safe for you and hope for an uncomplicated course with an excellent result! Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Surgery and age

+1

Age is not a contra indication for surgery , as long as you are healthy and your internist is clearing you medicaly for surgery. The more important issue is what method to use for the butt augmentation. Fat injection to the butt , requires large amount of fat to obtain a siginificant improvement in size and shape. This technique is not very reliable. In many cases, the fat  completely disappears or nearly , completely disappears after a period of time. Usually after 1 year. I had 6 patients , lately, who had that unfortunate experience , done by other surgeons. They came to see me and obtained butt augmentation with implants.  Implants , do not disappear , are soft and come in different sizes. Be sure to select an experienced plastic surgeon who is experienced in that procedure, in order to get good result and reduce complicatios.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift for many ages

+1

You are not too old for a Brazilian Butt lift and this procedure is successful over many decades as long as you remain healthy.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Age is not the issue. If you are in good general health, and no contraindication to genral anesthesia, then you are a candidate.

Brazilian butt lift age for surgery

+1

Age is not a major factor that I take into consideration to determine if you are going to be a candidate for surgery. Your health, skin tone, amount of fat among others are more important.

Wilberto Cortes, MD