I Am About 5"8 and Weigh 180. My Breast Size is a DDD or G. Will Insurance Pay for Reduction?

I have Blue Cross and need to know if it likely that they would say I have enough tissue that could be taken out for them to cover this as a medical problem

Will insurance cover your breast reduction?

Every insurance plan has their own unique criteria on whether they will cover a breast reduction.  More and more, we are seeing plans where a breast reduction is not a covered benefit.  If it is a covered benefit, some insurance plans set a minimum required amount of tissue to be remove in order to met their threshold for coverage.  Some set the amount in relation to your BMI (height and weight).  Others require extensive medical records documenting neck pain, back pain, and history of rashes.   The other alternative is to opt for a breast reduction as a self-pay option.   Start by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX