I'm 58 and Have Always Looked 10 Years Younger. I Have Circles Under my Eyes What Can I Do for Them?

Circles Under my Eyes

+1

Thank you for your question. I have found the circles under the eye are due to either pigment , volume loss, or some vascular areas too near the surface.  If vascular, I use the V-Beam Perfecta and have seen very good results with it.  If a filler is needed, I use Belotero under the muscle near the lid.  If pigment, I recommend HQ and or Retin-A. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Circles under the eyes can be treated with surgery or with filler.

+1

Without photographs I can only answer in general. Significant fat herniation can be treated with a blepharoplasty. Minor contour issues can be treated with fillers.

+1

Hi Sky Princess and thanks for your question

At 58 circles under your eyes may be due to a combination of the following 4 changes. You bone shrinks and pulls away from the skin. The skin is thin, crepey and excessive. The fat inside your eye socket is bulging and the cheek and midface start to sag. The right solution can be recommended after a proper examination and assessment. If the loss of volume is the main issue fillers under the eyes and into your upper cheek overlying the cheek bone prominence is a good option. If the excess skin and fat bother you then Surgery is a better option. If combined with a mid face lift it can lift and pull up the soft tissue to amplify the effect.

Hope this helps

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Dark Circles under the Eyes

+1

There are a number of causes of dark circles under the eyes. What you can do for them depends on the cause. Without a picture it is impossible to say what will help you. One cause in people your age is gravity and relaxation of the tissues. Treatment of this is a lower blepharoplasty. This moves the fat to hide the depression that is at the bottom of the dark circle and tightens the skin and muscle. This eliminates the circle.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty goals

+1

The goal of a lower blepharoplasty is primarily to get rid of the puffiness by removal of a portion of the 3 fatty deposits the lower lids through a trans-conjunctival approach. Any excess skin is conservatively removed through a pinch technique on outside lower lid at the lash line. Dark circles will not go away with surgery

DARK CIRCLES UNDER EYES

+1

Filler can help, either into the upper cheek and tear troughs or just into the tear troughs. Like the other post, photos help.

Also making the skin look more luminous can help, so lightening and rehydration with Intraceuticals Opulence range. Check that you don't have sun damage and dark freckles and other skin changes which can be treated medically or by peels / laser

So there are really many causes and many answers!

Jane

Jane Olver, MBBS, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Circles under eyes

+1

It would be very helpful to see pictures of you to help determine what might be causing the circles under your eyes.  There are several reasons people may develop circles under the eyes.  Sometimes, circles can be caused by protruding fat in the lower eyelids.  Sometimes there is just a depression in the lower eyelid which causes dark circles.  It's also possible that pigment discoloration can cause circles to form.  The treatment for circles under the eyes would depend on the cause, so it would be important to be evaluated in person to determine the cause.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon