Looking For A DD Cup Size, How Many CC's FOr Asymmetric Breasts?

Hello. I am having a hard time determining size. I am currently a c in my right breast, and a full B in my left. I am wanting to be a DD. I am tall and have a fairly wide BWD of 14.5. I initially decided on 533cc silicone mod plus implants, but with my wide BWD and hight i am worried that the 533's will not bring me up to a DD. I tried them on in the office and liked the look of them but realize I could lose up to 15%. Going under the facia. Any advice?

Looking for a DD cup size. How many cc's for asymmetric breasts?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Your options would certainly be breast augmentation with implants or fat grafting.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. Sizers may also help assist you with size. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you.  It may be necessary to use different size implants to give symmetry. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!lo

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Volume and cup size

+1

I think it is very important that you first have an idea of how you want your breasts to look.  Cup size on one person may look bigger or smaller than the same cup size on a different person.  Its important to understand that your breasts do have what is termed "ptosis", which indicates that your breast tissue is somewhat lower on the chest and below your breast fold than ideal.  Ptosis is corrected by a breast lift.  A large implant placed lower on the chest wall may camoflouge ptosis but this is usually not the best idea long term.  If you liked the look of a certain volume implant in the office the implant you should eventually choose should be relatively close in volume to that volume you tried on.  Invest in your breast shape, size, and longevity up front as opposed to spending money down the road revising the surgery.  By this I am referring to fixing each problem as it is best which includes a lift if you need it and the right size implants for the volume that you want.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implant choices?

+1

It would be helpful to know your height.  Looking at your photos, if you're not having some sort of a lift then I would suggest that you place your implants over the muscle.  This carries with it some other concerns but, in my opinion, is the only way to give you both the size and natural shape you're looking for.  Good Luck!  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Getting to DDs with 533 cc breast implants

+1

The appearance of your picture leads me to believe that you have adequate natural breast tissue and that the addition of 533 cc implants may get you to a "DD" but in fact it will be detrimental to you.  The weight of the implants will stretch and thin the breast tissues over time.  Secondly, from an operative standpoint you will need a lift with the implants and the larger the implants the more difficult it may be to close the incisions.  I believe you need to readjust your expections concerning your surgery and focus more on the appearance of the breasts individually as well how that relate to the rest of your body.  Focus much less on cup size.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Implant sizing and asymmetry.

+1

I agree that you have some asymmetry between the breasts. However, it is difficult without an exam to comment on implant sizes. You will likey need different sized implants (larger in the left of course), and your surgeon will probably bring several different sizes to the operating room. Very few surgeons will ever promise a cup size because there is no standard measurement. What is more important is that you like the size of the breasts/implants when you try them on in the office and that your surgeon understands what your overall goals are.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

+1

You are not symmetric and have ptosis. The first issue is for you to understand this is not a straightforward case. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Implant size that meets your expectations

+1

From the photo you provided you do have asymmetry and ptosis. Given all the questions  you asked it seems imperative that you show your surgeon photos of what you want to look like. This would help your surgeon and you in making decision on the size of the implant and the placement of the implant in the breast.  The question about the cup size is very common and in reality the size of the implant depends on breast dimensions and to certain extent patient's desire. Good luck.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Realistic expectations after breast augmentation

+1

Please be sure your doctor clearly understands the "look" you want, not a letter cup size.  This will determine the best size for you.  Also, please understand that your breasts are not perfect starting points for a home-run result not only because of the asymmetry but also because both need some lifting in my opinion. The implants above the muscle will not lift you and going big will create a ball in a sock look which is very matronly.  If you want full round perky breasts, you would get closer to that going under the muscle and lifting the breasts.  All just my opinions, not medical advice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS