Breast Implant Revision to 700CC Gels

I Am 5.8 and a 145 Lb  550cc Silcone and Want to Get 700cc Gels Good Idea or not i dont want them to sag . i want them to look fuller on top . i hate the water fill.

Breast implants don't stop the clock

+3

No matter what size implants you have, you will not prevent sagging. Time and gravity take their toll on everyone. Implants can offer improved upper pole fullness compared to having no implants at all, but implants will still sag over time. Upsizing your implants to gain more upper pole fullness may help in the short term, but this effect is not permanent. The larger the implants, the more problems you are likely to have. Not only will they sag, but larger implants put more pressure on your skin and breast tissue, thinning out what you have. I'm guessing you are referring to rippling when you say you "hate the waterfill"? This can be improved by switching from saline to silicone. Also, this can be improved by placing the implant below the muscle. There are also different implant profiles (how far the implant sticks out from the chest wall) for any given size, and that is another thing to consider. I recommend discussing your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Very Large Implants = Large Headaches

+3

700 cc implants will sag and sag quickly.  You will not look good.  This is not a good idea and if someone requested this of me (and they have), I would refuse.  Too much distortion.  Too much bottoming out.  Too much sag.  Discomfort.  Unsightly.  Generally its hard to tell the difference of well done saline and well done gel implants from appearance and sometimes even feel.   Salines need to be maximally filled plus a liitle.  If you dont like the 550 salines, get 550 gels.  Avoid larger.  Good Luck,   Dr commons.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation revision

+1

Much of the final “look” and "feel" achieved after breast augmentation revisionary surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Heavier implants with no sag?

+1

Consider what you are asking....you want to place larger implants and do so without risk of sagging. Larger implants will come with that risk. Have a "sit down" with your surgeon and consider what he or she tells you before you proceed.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Increasing the size of silicone breast implants

+1

Increasing your breast implants from 550 cc to 700 cc will not necessarily make them look fuller at the top, as you desire.  That is a very large implant which will only likely cause you more complications over time.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Large breast implants

+1

By enlarging your implants to that size, you would further increase your cup size by about 2. This could be done safely. If you have saliner implants, then I sometimes can use the ones you have and increase their size, even under purely local anesthesia in our office operating room. If you want to try and avoid the ripples, then you may want to go with a silicone implant. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant Exchange

+1

Of course I would have to see photos of your current appearance, but increasing 150cc really isn't that much to go up. As long as your pockets are properly supported this is common and reasonable request.

Have a great day!

.

Donald R. Revis Jr, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Revision

+1

700cc implants are very large and are not likely to fit any breasts.  Large implants are more likely to have problems (bottoming out, "fake look", etc.) than those which "fit the breast".  Yes, you are quite likely to have sagging over time which is related to the weight of either natural breasts or implants.

John Whitt, MD

Increasing breast implant size

+1

Without knowing your current appearance as well as your chest wall measurements, it is difficult to say which implants may be appropriate for your frame.  Natrelle style 45 (full profile) implants provide a lot of upper pole fullness, however the size appropriate for you would depend on your chest wall dimensions.  If your current implants are already  full profile and an appropriate width for you, selecting larger (and wider) full profile implants would probably not be a good idea.  Maintaining an appropriate implant size may help to prevent future complications.  I would recommend that you see several board-certified plastic surgeons,  who can help you determine what would be appropriate for you.

Good luck. 

Craig S. Rock, MD

Large implants

+1

While it is very difficult to tell anything without a photo, I can say that 700cc implants on someone your size seems a bit excessive. I understand your desire for more upper pole fullness and desire for them not to sag.  However, you will sag eventually with any implant. If you are determined to go with a very large implant, then you should discuss using a Natrelle Full profile (style 45) implant with gives you a lot of projection without having to go wider.  The standard high profile implant that is 700 cc is > 14.5 cm wide while the the style 45 is only 13.5cm wide. This 1cm may not seem like much, but it can make the difference of having a implant too far into you underarm or not.  Be sure to discuss all of these things with your PS.

Good luck.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon