I Carry Weight in my Stomach. Am I a Good Liposculpture Candidate?

I Am 5'7" and Weigh 190lbs, I Carry my Weight in my Stomach. is Liposulpture Right for Me?

Liposculpture is not for a 190 pound person

+2

Liposuction=lipoplasty=liposculpture - there is no difference.  They are absolutely not for weight loss, nor for intraabdominal fat issuues and are not intended for a 190 pound person unless it is jut to do a conservative amount in a problem area to jump start your proper diet and exercise program.

Liposculpture

+1
That's a good question, but I need to see your photos so i can do a right evaluation. when you post the pics i can give you an answer.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Liposculpture Candidates

+1

Liposculpture does not help with weight loss.  The ideal candidate is thin, with just trouble spots and tight skin that is not too stretched out.  However, most people who seek Liposculpture are not this way.  A thorough evaluation is needed to determine how much if any improvement that you should expect to see from this procedure.  Find someone you trust and discuss in more detail.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for weight loss

+1

Liposuction is not used for weight loss - it is a procedure to assist with areas that are exercise and diet resistant for body contouring.  You should visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss realistic expectations and results if you were to have surgery.

+1

Best person to answer you is a surgeon who can talk to you and examine you up close to determine if you are a good candidate. You must be relatively healthy or have one stable condition. Your desire is important since this is a contouring procedure rather thana weight loss one. The looseness of the abdominal muscle must be determined and quality of the skin as well as presence of stretch marks are evaluated. You may be a candidate for tummy tuck instead.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wieght and treatsment such as liposculpture/liposuction

+1

At 5' 7" tall and 190 lbs.  You may be a candidate for liposuction/Liposculpture,  But you may also require an abdominoplasty if there is excess skin or loose abdominal muscles.  You would need the have a physical exam to determine which surgery would be the best option in your case.  However, remember that with regard to your weight, all cosmetic surgeries are an adjunct to not a substitution for watching your diet and exercising regularly.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction improves abdomen contour if fat lies below the skin

+1

Liposuction improves abdomen contour if fat lies below the skin. When fat lies below muscle as in many men it is of minimal value.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Can liposuction benefit a 5'7'' 190lbs lady?

+1

You have a body mass index of 29.8, therefore you are considered over weight but not yet obese. You are however very close to the obesity limit which is a BMI of over 30. You also mentioned that you carry your weight in the abdomen. If I saw you in my office I would look at the quality of your skin. do you have stretch marks? is there a lot of laxity? do you have an over hang over the pubis? Is the fat under the skin or inside the abdomen around the organs? All of these would questions have to be considered to know if Liposculpture would benefit you. I would probably ask you to drop ten pounds if you could do it.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is not a weight loss tool

+1

Liposuction of any sort is definitely not a weight loss procedure. Liposuction is a body contouring tool, not a weight loss tool. As such, it rarely results in any significant weight loss although it does significantly change the contours of one's body and, in many cases, how one's clothes fit. For instance, liposuction in a male's waistline area may result in a 1-3 inch decrease in waist/belt size. Liposuction results are best on someone who has achieved their goal weight but has some "trouble spots" that don't seem to go away with proper diet and exercise. It is certainly not a tool suited for someone that wants or needs to lose weight.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or liposculpture for disproportionately large belly (abdominal) fat

+1

AT this weight, you are appoxiamtely 50 pounds or 36% over your estimated ideal bodyweight which would make you a less than ideal candidate for this surgery based on your descripition alone. If you have had children, you may be a better candidate for a tummy tuck. Intra abdominal fat or vsiceral fat causing and apple type body shape cannot be treated with either.