Gained 10 lbs ~still a good canidate for tummy tuck surgery?

I Am 5'7" and generally weigh about 175 with the majority stuck on middle. I have a smaller frame and my arms and legs are not as proportionate to the middle. I recently got married and gained 10 lbs. I got my consultation at 170lbs before wedding and Doc said I would have great results because of my body structure and the fact that "it looks like someone just stuck all that there"...he was pointing to my scarred/saggy tummy from 2 pregnancies. Am I still a good canidate for the tummy tuck surgery?

Tummy tuck candidate, mini tummy tuck,price reduction

+1

Yes, 10 pounds should not make that much of a difference. I suggest you watch my videos. It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for this surgery.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Gained 10 lbs. after getting married!

+1

I think that if  you maintain the weight that you currently are you will still find that you are a candidate for a tummy tuck, if that was suggested before.  Remember that a healthy diet and exercise are very important before and after surgery.  Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Still a candidate for tummy tuck

+1

As long as you are not gaining additional weight, 5-10 pounds should not make much of a difference in your final outcome. The most important issue is that you are at a stable, sustainable weight for the best aesthetic result.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Gaining an additional 5 pounds is unlikely to make a difference.  One of the most important considerations is having a realistic expectation.  If you have discussed this with your surgeon, then you have a good result.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Tummy tuck timing

+1

The best time to do a tummy tuck and get the nicest results is when you are at your normal living weight and you are done having more pregnancies.  The lower your BMI the better your shape and contours will be.  A lower BMI is also safer for surgery and anesthesia.

The additional 10 pounds will not be that significant but if you think you can loose it,  do it before surgery.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck - always best at the weight you live at

+1

Its always best to have any body contouring surgery at your usual weight. By this I mean the weight that you are most comfortable living at. So if you are going to live at 175 lbs then go for it. If you will be living at 10 lbs. lighter then wait.

Michael Weinberg, MD

+1

Either you should post a photo or seek additional opinions in person. Over the internet it is a guess by us the experts. So my guess is YES get the surgery, but it is only a guess. From MIAMI DR. Darryl J. Blinski

I have gained weight since I saw my surgeon and booked a tummy tuck. Should I still go ahead with it?

+1

If your BMI is still less than 28 and your health is otherwise good, you can still go ahead with a tummy tuck operation.  However, since you are spending quite a bit of money, presumably you want to get the best results possible.  That means you should try to get that extra weight off before your surgery.  Not only will the surgery be safer, it will be possible to take just a bit more loose skin off during the operation.  If you loose the weight after the surgery, some skin laxity may occur.  

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD

Still a good candidate

+1

You are still a good candidate. Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 27.4, which is in a relatively safe range, but still a bit more than normal, which would be in the 25 range. I think the best results are when you're normal in weight. I find that the best sculpted look is hidden if you don't get that extra weight off. But let's be realistic. Sometimes to maintain a normal weight is a miserable existence!

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1

If you were a good candidate before, you are probably an okay one now.  An exam would be critical but remember than the result WILL be better if you lose the extra weight.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS