I Am 5'7 and 166 Pounds.I Am a Currently a Big B and Want Big C is 425cc to Big for Me? (photo)

I Am 5'7 and 166 Pounds.I Am a Currently a Big B and Want Big C is 425cc to Big for Me?

425cc breast implants to go from B to C cup

+1
425 cc breast implants may be too large for your stated objective of going from a B to C cup.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Augmentation and Cup Size

+1

In reality, cup size is too variable and subjective between bra manufacturers, and in my opinion is not an accurate nor useful method of discussing breast augmentation.  What is most important is what you like when looking into a mirror!  See a board-certified plastic surgeon who will allow you to "try on" different breast implant sizes in the office, and then determine what size winds up giving you the look that you desire.  Don't focus on cup size as you will too often miss the mark with breast enlargement.  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right implant size

+1

425cc may put you in the D cup range, but it's hard to determine cup size with cc's.  Therefore, look at some before and after pictures of women with 425cc to see if that is the size that you want.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation and Implant Size

+1
Hello! Your choice of 425 cc is probably a bit much for your goals. That said, the best way to help zero in on a size is a sizing system and photos, combined with a careful consultation with a board certified ABPS plastic surgeon. Best of luck and enjoy your new look! Check out Breast Augmentation info at jeffscottmd.com

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

425 cc's definitely too big.

+1

Hi.

Sounds like you want to be one cup larger.  300 cc breast implants is all you need for that. Don't go too big.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implants in the 400 range more likely in the D range

+1

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell from the photo you have attached.  It really depends on your base width diameter.  I will say though, that if you are already a big B cup, then a 425 ccc implant is more likely to make you a D cup then it is a C cup.  Discuss this specifically with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What size breast implant is right

+1

The size chosen is based upon measurements taken at your visit. I generally tell women that your perception of proper fullness is more important than the letter on a bra, since not all ras are created equal. So we will have you put on a bra that has sleeves for implants, then place your blouse back on and see if the implant chosen gives the kind of visual "look" you want.  Since I haven't had the chance to obtain the proper measurements for dimensional augmentation, I can't tell you if that volume is too big for you. Sorry, but only your surgeon would be able to tell you if that is in the correct range of sizes for your body dimensions.

James M. Kurley, MD
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

If your big C is a very big C the full implant is right for you

+1

If you are already into a full B cup, chances are a volume change above 400cc may push you into a D-cup. We would have to rely on and examination and interview, and see for ourselves just what 'your' C is to look like. If one girls C is another's D, so be it. The end result whatever you call it must be on target.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

425cc implants may be a bit too big for one cup size increase.

+1

Generally, I tell patients that it takes about 250cc to equal one bra cup size, so 425cc will add just over 1 1/2 cup sizes to whatever breast volume you presently have. Of course, bra sizes are as different as there are numbers of bra manufacturers, so this is VERY subjective, as are terms "big," "fake," "natural," etc. Each word means something different to each of us.

I suggest trying on implants in a bra and stretchy top and see what you like. Understand that your surgeon should add about 75cc to the size you select, since submuscular placement tends to make the exact size chosen appear too small. (I add about 50cc to someone who chooses 250cc implants, and 100cc for someone who chooses 600cc in a bra.) So if you like the look of 374cc implants in a bra and stretchy top, I'd agree that you are on the right track with 425cc implants. If the chosen implant is smaller, then downsize the actual implant used correspondingly. Don't even look at the sizes as you try them on--just figure out what look you like, and when you're all done deciding, THEN have the nurse check the implant size (and make sure your surgeon adds 75cc or so). Otherwise, there's a natural tendency to be swayed by the seemingly "large" numbers rather than choosing a "look."

BTW, I agree with Dr. Francis. Either you hide 166 lbs. well on your 5'7" frame or that is you at a different time! You should choose implants proportionate to your present size and weight so you have the best chance of remaining proportionate as you lose or gain weight. For more information about choosing implants, click on the link below. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon