I'm 5'7 and 160 Pounds with a 36B. A Doctor Recommended I Go Between 600-650 Cc's. Is That an Accurate Size if I Want to Be a D?

+1

In general, 400 cc will increase the average woman by 2 cup sizes.  A larger woman may take 500 cc.  650 cc may take you up 3 sizes.  Try sizers in the office to determine what you would like.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

600-650 cc for a "D"

+1

Those numbers sound pretty high. A good way to see what volume makes sens for you is to do a baggy test to assess how it looks in clothes.

Is That an Accurate Size if I Want to Be a D?

+1

SInce there are no fixed standards of cup size, guessing an "accurate size" is not really a possibility. Better is to try on implants, and with your surgeon's help select the best size for you based on the look you want, rather than the cup size. I have numerous patients who can wear bras of three different sizes that fit. Furthermore, a D cup on a 38 is bigger than a D cup on a 36, and so forth. 

Many surgeons who are willing to guess cup size estimate that you get a cup size increase for every 150-250 cc of implant. 

Breast augmentation...implant size

+1

Hi,

It is impossible to tell completely from your statements what it would take to become a D but I sure like you and your doctor's choice.

With a B cup, you have a mismatch to your weight.  This is a great procedure to match you up in confidence and curves. 

I would think that this size will put you into a D cup.  This is a good sized implant and can add a good volume to a B cup. 

Go for it.  You will be very happy.  I am glad you did not hear that you cannot go above a cc size such as 300 cc's.  Some doctors will not go above a certain volume and in your case, the 300 cc implants would be too small.

Your doctor listened to you.  You are in the right place.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon