I Am 5'7" and 155 Lbs. Best Option To Go From B to D?

Both my surgeon and I like the 550 cc high profile silicone implants. I am getting them under the muscle. Right now I am a big 34 B or very small 34 C. I ultimately would like to be a full D. I know it is difficult to judge by cup size since it is so inconsistent, I am just worried because 550cc is A LOT of volume. I have friends who have gone from an A to D with only 300cc. I don't want my breasts to make me look heavier than I already am, but I want a full D. What cc do you suggest?

Optimal technique for breast implants

+1

Since your circumference is 34 inches, each cup size corresponds to 100 cc's change.  If you are a B and want to go to a D that is 2 cup sizes which corresponds to 200 cc's.  If you get a 550 cc implant you will go up 5 1/2 cup sizes, and H or I.  550 cc's is a large implant and it is possible that volume will not fit into your body.  Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  Often, a lift done at the same time will give the appearance of greater volume.  I certainly would NOT recommend a 550 cc implant.  The added weight will cause drooping and more complications and you will most likely be dissatisfied.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Without examine you in person, it is difficult to say what would be best, but a "baggy test" may be an option to give you a rough idea.

Implants too large?

+1

Without examining you, I feel fairly confident in saying that 500cc implants WILL make you look heavier, and too large.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Big High Profile Breast Implants

+1

I don't want you to look heavier than you are either, and I'm worried that an implant that size will do just that.

You should stop identifying with bra cup sizes; it is a bad way to plan or judge breast augmentation, and leads to dissatisfaction with many patients who were only thinking in those terms.

You should ask your surgeon about high profile implants and their effects on stretching and thinning your tissues, as well as increasing your risk for early re-operation.  Like many of my colleagues that I consider breast surgery experts in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, I've abandon the use high profile implants.  There is just too much 'wear and tear' that is simply unnecessary. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. I would suggest that you not base your communication  or your satisfaction with the results of surgery on achieving a specific cup size. 

I would also suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you are looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

Again, the preoperative communication of goals is critical.  Once you feel comfortable that you have communicated your goals clearly ( assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully),  you will likely feel comfortable allowing him/her to choose the appropriate breast implants for you.