I Am 5'7 and 125 Pounds. Getting 350 Cc and Filling Them Up to 400cc. I Want a C Cup, Not a D?

Hey my Name is Sarah. I'm getting a breast aug March 27th. I am currently an A/AA cup. 5'7 and 125 pounds. My dr told me I'll be getting 350cc filling it to 400 cc. I'm very concerned that this will give me d cups. I DO NOT want d cups. Hoping for a small c mid c. Not more.

Anyone have any suggestions? So scared

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

400 cc fill of implants

+1

Doa baggy test at home and see if this works for you. This will give you a rough approximation of the volume and then you can figure out cup.

Are 400cc implants too big for a C cup?

+1

Thanks for your question.  Traditionally, a 400 cc implant should increase your breast size by 2 cups.  These are VERY GENERAL guidelines, but you should expect to go from an A to a C cup. Choosing the right size and shape of implant is based on your thorax size, your current breast size and the shape and character of your skin and tissue  of your exisiting breast.  You have normal concens before a surgery.  I suggest you speak in person with your surgeon and he or she can reassure you that the appropriate implant was chosen for you.  Placing sizers in the office can be very helpful and give you an approximate idea of what to expect. I hope this helped. All the best with your procedure.

Sean T. Doherty, MD, FACS

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is important to communicate with your surgeon what you’re hoping to look like. In office sizers can be helpful.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

C-cup breast augmentation

+1

You should try placing each of the breast implants into a bra, (ie in office sizing) to get an idea of which one gives you the best shape.  The selected size seems appropriate for a 2 cup size increase.  Ultimately, a 50cc difference is not going to change the cup size.

Dennis Dass, MD

A to C cup and Size Needed

+1

In general, an A to a C cup in the average woman will require 200 cc per cup or 400 cc.  This has a great deal of variability, and you should be sized in the office to help you gain an understanding of the size of the implant chosen.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I Want a C Cup, Not a D?

+1

My best advice is to try on implants, and choose what looks good, then try to ignore cup size. There are no fixed definitions of cup size, and I have numerous patients who can wear bras of three different cup sizes, all of which fit. 

Some surgeons who are less reluctant to talk in terms of cup size will note that it takes about 200 cc of implant for each cup size increase. This is not particularly reliable, but as a guideline, it would predict a two cup size increase. Be certain that your surgeon understands your objectives in terms other than just cup size.  All the best.