Do I Need to Lose More Weight Before Surgery in One Month?

Im having a Tummy tuck and breast augmentation on jan 5th 2012 I was wondering if I should lose more weight before my surgery in 4 weeks. I have been working with a personal trainer for the last 3 months and she has helped me get stronger and helped me tone my body. ive also lost body fat gained more muscle but havent dropped so much in the weight part of things. Ive lost inches too Now i know that to have the ultimate results i should be at my lowest ideal weight,which is 140lbs, im not quite there yet im at 152ish. ive just been wondering lately if that is good enough? im still working out and eating a clean healthy diet in hopes that i will drop a little bit more before surgery. Ive had 4 children and im mostly stretched out my Plastic surgeon says that my belly is mostly skin and i should have fantastic results. i guess my question is What is a good rule of thumb on ideal body weight range to have a tummy tuck done. I just want the best results i can have. Thanks

Losing Weight Prior to Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  In my opinion, it is always in the patient's best interest to be at their lowest, most stable weight prior to surgery.  This is the way to get the best results.  It sounds like you are doing a great job working out and eating right and this should help you achieve your goals.  Remember to continue with the good habits after surgery as well (after your surgeon has given you the green light to proceed with exercising).  Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm