I'm 5'7" and 150 Lbs; 34 AA. Is a 375 Cc Moderate Profile Saline Implant a Good Choice?

I am scheduled to have a BA in one week. I chose to go with a 375 cc moderate profile saline implant. I am a 34 AA and want to be around a "full C". Is going with a saline implant ok, or will I have a lot of rippling? I don't mind a little rippling, as long as it doesn't always show every time I wear low cut shirts or a bathing suit. My PS said that it would be fine, and suggested the 375-425 saline implant. He doesn't want to "overfill" the implant, because he says that makes them feel harder.

Breast augmentation

+2
There is no way telling for sure without photos, but from your description it sounds like the plastic surgeon is recommending the correct size if you want to be a full C. Rippling from saline implants is not unusual in women with very thin skin, in the lower and outer portion of the breast. If the implant is placed under the muscle, you should experience no rippling in the upper portion of the breast, since the muscle will cover it. Sounds like your plastic surgeon has the right plan for you and I'm sure you will be delighted with the result.

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

+1

Dr Beraka's writing is excellent. But without more info and at least a posted photo , it becomes a guess for us. 

Selecting a breast implant size

+1

In general, considering your height and weight, every 200 cc of implant volume should take you up a cup size.  Implant size selection can be narrowed down pre-operatively by using a sizing bra and selecting photos of your desired new appearance.  Good communication with your plastic surgeon is a must.   If you have very thin breast tissue of the lateral breast you do run the risk of palpable rippling.   The more breast tissue you have over a saline implant the better.  

Breast implants by the number

+1

Choosing a number is difficult in the lottery, and for the inexperienced very difficult for breast augmentation. If your surgeon has worked with you through photos and trial bras there should be clear idea of what your goals are, and an experienced surgeon should have the ability to choose the correct implant for the look you want. The 375cc saline may be just right, maybe not. Choose the look, the number will be soon forgotten.

peterejohnsonmd

Adjustable Implants for those that are Unsure of size!

+1

I use adjustable breast implants to make sure you are happy with size. Most women increase by 40-100cc above what they thought they wanted. This is easy with adjustable implants as these implants are postoperatively adjustable for up to six months. WIthout them they are very difficult to predict your size, needs and desires.  It sounds good what you have  but dont underestimate going a little bigger than what you thought!

Thomas T. Jeneby, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

You need to overfill saline breast implants in order to minimize rippling.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)