Butt Is Sagging, From Side Looks Flat, Long, Saggy. What to Do?

I would like my butt to be lifted and the extra skin that sags at the base to be removed. A little bit of a "bump" or rounding out from the side would be nice, but I am mostly concerned about the sagging and the look of the long butt. What procedure do you recommend, I live in New England (avg cost?) and are the results of a lift for a lifetime? 5'7" 129 Lb 46 Years Old.

Sagging buttocks.

+2

It is hard to tell which procedure would work best for you without an examination or pictures. I would recommend to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the brazilian butt lift procedure. You may benefit from this since adding fat/volume to your buttocks will "lift" and may help with sagging skin as well. Best of luck.

Sagging Buttocks Skin

+2

It is difficult to say without photos and an exam but it sound like skin excision in the panty line ( a buttock lift) and either implant or fat injection will help your problem.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Augmentation Options and Lift

+2

Sounds as though you may really benefit from both a Buttock Tuck/Lift (to remove the "sagging skin") and Buttock Augmentation (to fill out/reinflate the buttock mound).  If you just do the "lift" then the profile view of the buttock will typically become even more flattened.  

As far a Buttock Augmentation, the only tried and true and safe methods are Autologous Fat Transer or Buttock Implants.  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock Lift

+2

When there is actual sagging of the buttocks and the buttocks are falling down. Then the crease will go all the way accross the buttock-thigh.

The incision for buttock lift is at the upper limits of the buttocksextending to almost the edge of the lateral thigh. When done right, it is very long long lasting

Sagging Butt

+1

Thank you for your question. The only thing lasting a lifetime seems to be taxes. We age daily, and surgery is no exception. Several factors can be at issue. There could be volume loss if you have lost weight, or you could have sun damage if you frequent tanning booths, or the beach, or have sunburned several times. And genetics could just have you programmed for lax skin. Surgery and or fat transfer are options to consider. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your list of best options to consider. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon