5'6, 110lbs, Size 2 350CC Cohesive Gel Unders. Post-op One Year, Want to Reaugmentation to 500CC Cohesive Gel. Bad Idea?

I was 30A pre-op and now 30C. I have a small frame. I had my BA surgery about a year ago and i had 350CC gel unders. The "natural" look was achieved. A month after surgery and thereafter, I've been having doubts with the size i chose. Maybe it's because i got used to them quickly and still feel like they are "small" and do not satisfy what i thought i wanted initially. I know it's common to wish "i had gone a little bigger". I'm seriously considering 500CC. Would that be too "fake" on my frame?

How Large is Too Large?

+1

An A cup looks best when goiing to a B cup.  Approximately doubling your breast size allows the breast to conceal the implant best. 

Going to a C cup or more allows the implant to be more apparent.  This may cause rippling to show, and any capsular contracture in the future becomes more visible.  If you are thin already, the thin skin stretches more because of the weight.

Many women like larger breasts and therefore large implants, but the smaller implant you choose the better it will look over time.

All of these factors come into play when planning breast augmentation, whether it's the primary operation or a size change. 

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

+1

I love my work - but one of the few things I won't miss when I eventually retire is breast implant sizing!

Sizing is a completely personal choice on the part of the patient. We surgeons wish there were a perfect way to size. Since there isn't, each of us develops a routine to help our patients choose a size they will be happy with.

It is true that after surgery the majority of patients would have been just as happy to have gone larger.

In my experience a patient must go at least 50% larger than her current size, or she will not see enough of an increase to be satisfied.

I suggest you have a chat with your surgeon, since you are clearly not completely happy with your current situation.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Impalnt exchange

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what would be best for you.  It is during a consultation that an implant is selected.  Good luck.

Want to Reaugmentation to 500CC Cohesive Gel. Bad Idea?

+1

This is hard to answer without photos and measurements, and even with them only a live consultation is going to give you the right advice. 

With a 30 band, a 500 cc implant will look quite large. Too large?? That is in the eyes of the beholder. 

At a consultation, your breast width will be evaluated, and the implant chosen should not be wider than you breast width if you want a natural appearance. That map require a "full profile" or "extra high profile" implant, or at least a high profile implant and that works well for some, but not for others. 

The elasticity of the breast and skin is another issue. If   tight, the implant may look quite unnatural.

The last issue is the long term effects. Bottoming out occurs more commonly with larger implants, and ptosis, or sagging, may be hastened. 

Your surgeon can help sort through all the issues. If he or she advises against, I am sure you will be able to find someone who will do it, but be cautious.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Implant size selection for revision breast augmentation

+1

To make any recommendations for a larger size for you, I would need to perform dimensional planning. The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame.

So I would need to get a better assessment of your chest wall to determine what implant sizes you could consider for going bigger.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Going larger with Breast Implants

+1

Without seeing photos of you, your question is difficult to answer.  In general, if a patient is small and wants to be large, the surgery is done in stages.  You have had your implants long enough now to go larger, if you desire.  Be sure to discuss your expectations and concerns with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Increasing breast implant size

+1

It is important to consider the profile of the implants (moderate, mod plus, and high) not just the volume.  Going up requires that the right base dimension width be chosen and that the right implant profile be chosen to get the final "look" you want.  Cup sizes don't help here, just clearly defining the "look" you want.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Revisionary Breast Augmentation: Going Bigger…

+1

Thank you for the question. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you after  direct examination and after you communicate your goals carefully/clearly. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.  Otherwise, discussing cup size or using words such as “natural” or “fake” can be potentially confusing and lead to miscommunication.

During surgery, I use temporary sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Going Larger with Revision Implants

+1

It is certainly not an uncommon scenario for augmented patients to desire even larger implants at some point.  In order for you to get the best idea of how much larger you want to go, you should seek a board-certified plastic surgeon who lets his/her patients "try on" implant sizers to see if this is truly the way you want to go.  If so, then you have your answer.  Keep in mind that the larger the implant, the more stretching of your breast tissues is likely to occur over time which may require surgery of its own nature.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon