I Am 5"6 and Currently a Full A Cup.I Would Like to Be a Small D Cup.What Cc Would I Need?

I am 5"6 and slim but quie 'hippy'. Do you think a D will look ok on me as it is very improtant ot me that thy look as natural as possible. What cc would be recommended to get to a D Cup?Please can some-one let me no!!?Thanks

Implant Size

+1
Basing the success of breast augmentation on cup size is not advisable as cup size varies considerably from company to company. Implant selection should be a collaboration between the patient based on her needs/objectives and the surgeon based on his or her expertise and experience. Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options and choose the one that best understands your needs/goals/objectives and can deliver a beautiful natural looking result. You may be able to achieve the desired appearance at a smaller cup size.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Guess

+1

The fact of the matter is without examining you and taking photos there is no way to tell you what is the best breast implant size for you.  Many factors are used to determine breast implant size including height, weight, breast base width, distance from nipple to  breast fold, skin thickness and skin elasticity. Why not find out by scheduling a consultation?

Richard Linderman, MD

Determining cup Size

+1

Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc..  Some places have you put bags of rice or implants in your bra – that is normally not very accurate. It is difficult to determine exact cup size pre/post-operatively. Every manufacturer produces a variety of bra styles, which may differ in size and shape.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Breast Implant Sizing To Achieve A D Cup

+1

While there is no exact mathematical formula to determine breast implant size for any patient, there are several important guidelines. An increase in cup size requires about 150 to 200cc for most patients. Going from an A to D, therefore, would require an implant size in the range of 500 to 550cc. Other factors such as chest size, breast width diameter and your height and weight all influence how that would look. Being hippy suggests that more implant  volume rather than less will be needed. Try on some sizers in this range and remember they will look smaller in you after surgery than they will stuffed on top of your existing breast tissue in a bra.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Proper implants to achieve D-cup?

+1

Since you are tall and "hippy," I would have you try on implants in a sports bra and stretchy top and see what size you like. I would anticipate you will like implants of 400-500cc, but that is why you try them on--you get to see what a certain size looks like!

In your body, under the muscle, your surgeon should add 50-100cc to your chosen implant size to achieve the same "look" as when you sized in a bra. If I am right in my starting point, you will likely require 450-550cc implants to go from an A-cup to a small D-cup. This also happens to correspond to my belief that it takes about 250cc to equal one cup size.

Photographs of models or before and after photographs from websites can also help inform your surgeon what your desired appearance is. For examples of my patients with similar requests (C-D cup from A-B cup), you can click on the link below, and go to cases 15, 20, 24, and 31 and compare their individual statistics (height, breast appearance pre-op, implant size chosen, and post-op appearance) to see where my recommendation comes from. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation mammoplasty

+1

For a person with average frame, each 200 ml (C.C.) equals to a cup. Therefore a 400 ml implant semms to be a good size for you . To be certain, when you visit your plastic surgen , you could ask him/her to put a " sizer" into your bra to see if it fits you properly. This would be the closest you can come with.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation mammplasty answers.

+1

The usual inplant for that  amount of increase would be 420 cc. It does depend on the size and shape  of the a breast as well as the current weight of the patient,

Ronald Iverson, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon