I Am 5'6 and I Weigh 103lbs. I Am Getting 300cc Under the Muscle, Saline. I Am Barely an A Cup. Would This Be Too Big for Me?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Is a 300cc implant too big for you?

+1

A 300cc implant is a fairly common size for breast augmentation patients. This size is chosen by patients with a wide range of heights, weights, and body shapes. The most important thing is your goals and expectation from surgery. This should be discussed with your surgeon so that you obtain an outcome with which you will be happy and not regretful. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Very unlikely

+1

A 300cc implant when talking about the avg population is a conservative size, however dimensional planning is far more important than absolute cc volume. I would actually be concerned the implants may be too narrow for your chest/base width, as you did not provide that data. At 5'6" you would need to have an extremely narrow and long chest for those implants to generate nice round full cleavage and a touch of lateral show.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1

The average implant volume placed in the US is 350 cc.  So 300 cc should fit almost any woman.  You should try on sizers in the office to determine if that volume is a size with which you would feel comfortable.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.   Look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to determine the plastic surgeon who can produce the results you would like.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Would This Be Too Big for Me?

+1

Thanks for your question. Photos would help give a more specific response as would an idea of your breast width. 

There are a number of factors that go into a surgeon's choice of implants for an individual patient. One guideline is to avoid implants wider that the patients own breast. Depending upon the profile of the saline implant, very few women would not tolerate 300 cc based upon that guideline. Whether that size is something that you think looks good is too subjective for anyone but you to decide. I find it helpful to have patients try on implants as an aid to choosing the size for surgery--usually an implant about 10% larger than what is tried on will look about the size of what was tried on. 

Hope this helps, all the best. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "too big" or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.