I'm 5'5", 115lbs. Would a High Profile 400 Look to Big? Should I Go Low Profile?

I am currently a 34 barely A cup size after nursing 4 children for the last 8 hrs. I don't want to look "fake" would this size I mentioned be horrible. Should I not go with high profile? Or regular? My base for the moderate was not very big, guess I have a small breast base. I don't want them to just hang out and down! I just don't know much about this.

400 cc High Profile Implants Too Big?

+1

A 400 cc high profile implant may be appropriate for you, and, at your size, would likely make you a C cup.  You should probably not go with low or moderate profile at that volume given your small chest width.  The plastic surgeon should be able to guide you further based upon goals and measurements.

Implant size

+1

I can not tell you what the best implant for you would be without a proper exam and a review of your specific goals.  Sorry.  Best to be seen in person.

Breast implant size.

+1

I agree with the other physicians in that a recommendation regarding size of breast implants is nearly impossible without an exam or at least photos.

With that being said, I tend to find that High Profile implants give a more artificial look to the breasts as the projection is much greater than others.

I generally use the Moderate Plus Profile implant from Mentor as it gives a more natural projection for base diameter in most of my patients.

The Moderate Profile (or regular profile) is relatively flat and has a much wider base than projection.

Discuss this with your surgeon and show photos of your desires. Also use a sizing system like the Mentor volume sizing that tends to give a more realistic look than placing implants in the bra.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1

It is not possible to make any recommendations online without a formal physical exam. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies ( in regards to best breast implant size/profile) who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “fake”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Low profile looks less fake

+1

When you look at women with natural large breasts there is always a large base width. If the fake look is to be avoided then a wider base width, lower profile is my preference. 400cc sounds fine, though hard to tell without a photo.

Richard Rahdon, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon