Do I need a tummy tuck (or mini) with lipo to get a flat stomach?

I am 25, had my son 14 months ago, gained about 65 lbs during pregnancy (140 to 205), lost weight fairly quick 80 lbs so far currently at 125 lbs. I will likely have another baby, but not in the near future. Can I attain a flat stomach with working out? I currently do not work out much. If I get pregnant again and gain 25-30 lbs could I possibly not have to get a TT re-done?

Updated: Photos added.

Good candidate for Mini Tummy Tuck? #tummytuck

+1

You do not appear to be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck. Few people qualify for one. You would be best suited by a full tummy tuck. I feel liposuction is a really good adjunct to contouring the abdomen when doing a tummy tuck.

Do I need a tummy tuck( or mini) with Lipo to get a flat stomach?

+1
Thank you for your question and pictures.  After reviewing your pictures you would be a candidate for a Tummy Tuck.  The Tummy Tuck procedure will help get rid of the loose skin and tighten up your abdominal muscles that were stretched out due to your pregnancy. I believe the Liposuction would increase the laxity in your skin, so I would not recommend this procedure.  If you are planning on having more children I would recommend putting off the Tummy Tuck until you are finished having children.  As always I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the best procedure for you that will give you the results you are looking for.  Best of Luck!
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck now or later

+1
  1. Your photos suggest you need a tummy tuck - lots of loose skin and muscle stretched above the navel. Liposuction will make things worse.
  2. Get fit for six months. If no better and you can't wait, connsider a tummy tuck
  3. Ideally put off any tummy surgery to after your babies.
  4. If you are fit, have a tummy tuck now and don't gain much weight with pregnancy, - you may avoid a re-do tummy tuck but you can't be sure. Best wishes.

+1

A tummy tuck would probably be the most appropriate intervention.

A physical exam would be necessary to make a determination about the appropriate intervention.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Tummy tuck or lipo?

+1
I would encourage you to wait on having an abdominoplasty until after you have completed your family.  Without an exam, it is somewhat difficult to be certain, but it appears that you might find that liposuction of the abdomen will increase the laxity of the skin.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

+1

Dear SarahmarieMN,  Your photos are helpful, but a thorough exam is ideal. Based on your photos it appears that liposuction would not give you a "flat stomach". You would most likely end up with wrinkling in your abdominal skin. You have enough loose skin and some weakness in your rectus muscles from your pregnancy and weight loss that I believe a tummy tuck with rectus tightening would be most appropriate. The timing of your surgery is very important! You state that you are probably going to have more children. Does "not in the near future" mean a year or two or does it mean 5-10 years? If you plan on getting pregnant in the next 1-2 years, then I would say wait until you are done having your family. If you are going to wait more than 5 years then I can understand a young woman wanting to look and feel her best while she is still in her 20's. How your post tummy tuck abdomen responds to your next pregnancy is an unknown. However, you should expect significant changes that may require further surgical intervention. I would recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss all these variables and then you can make an informed decision. Good luck. Dr. Gervais.

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/dr-gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

TT vs LIpo

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures.

I do believe your a candidate to have another tummy tuck to remove the excess skin for the front part of the abdomen. I suggest for you to do this if no other pregnancies are planned.

Dr. Campos
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction

+1
Most women who have had children need more than liposuction to obtain the flat stomach and waistline they had before childbirth. A thorough examination should be done to see if there is separation of the rectus abdominus muscles (the stomach muscles) which often occurs with having children. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is the procedure that repairs the muscle and removes any excess skin so that you regain a waistline. Liposuction could be done but it will only remove fat and does not address the excess skin or muscle separation. Working out will definitely be beneficial in that it will strengthen the stomach muscles and your core which help when you are recovering. Exercise alone will not always get the results you want. Good luck with your decision!

Do I need a Tummy Tuck or Will Liposuction Be My Best Option

+1
Have reviewed your photos and I feel  that liposuction might be your best alternative. I would concentrate on your waist and abdomen. You appear to have good skin quality, However, a detailed examination would be required  to determine the actual procedure recommended. Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.ruckermd.com/liposuction.php

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon