Is 550CCs Too Big? I Don't Want to Be an E!

I had a breast aug. about 5 months ago. I went from a 34AA to a 34C/ 34D (and depending on the store I get the bra from I've fit into a 32DD-at Victoria Secret). I've been disappointed with my size, I wanted to be a full D/DD and fill a bra without padding. If I get a redo with 550ccs would that be too much? I am 127 and 5'8. My current implant size is silicone high profile under the muscle 425 CCs.

Going Larger with Revision Breast Surgery

+1

It's very difficult to predict cup size after surgery. I ask patients to print out photos of what they want to achieve as well as photos that are too big and too small.  In the operating room, I use temporary sizers to figure out what size / profile implant will give the patient the "look" they are looking for.  I think it's too much responsibility for the patient if they have to select the implant size (because how do you know what a 550cc silicone implant will look like?).  Take in LOTS of photos for your PS.

Is a 550cc implant too large?

+1

If you currently have a 425cc implant and are a C/D cup, and are looking to be a D/DD cup, then you are probably going to have to go up about 100cc or so to 525-550cc.  On the other hand, you should be aware of the risks as you go to a larger and heavier implant (especially if you have thin tissue to begin with), including stretching and thinning of your tissues and "drop out" of your implant to too low of a position, effects some of which may not be reversible or easily treatable.  You have to be well informed and decide whether the risks are worth it to you.

Robert M. Grenley, MD