550cc of Silicone Gel Implants to Get C Cup Breasts?

I am 22 about 5'7", 125 lbs. I have broad shoulders. I went in for my consult and the nurse and Dr. said that 550cc will look good on me.

I have chose to go w/ the silicone gel Breast implants, under the muscle. I am so terrified they are going to be too big and make me look fat. Like most women on here I want to be a 36C and would be ok if they happen to be a small D.

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Implants for you

+1

Testing out the 550 cc's is something you can do. Try a baggy test and place a bag of water or rice into your ovesized bra and then palce a tight t-shirt over it. It will give you a gross estimate of your appearance.

Breast implants to fit you

+1

In my opinion, the best way to determine which bra size you will be is to place the actual implant in a bra. If the bra fills appropriately, that is the size you will be. If the bra is too large, it will have excess space and wrinkles in it. If the bra is too small, the implant will bulge medially, and perhaps push the bra away from your chest. The nice part about putting the implants in the bra is that pretty much what you see is what you get. You can see what the implant looks like on your frame size and height which gives you the opportunity to determine whether the size makes you overall look thin, fat, or just right.

Michael Horn, MD

Determining Bra Cup Size

+1

It is crucial that you make it clear to your plastic surgeon what size and look you want to achieve. I would recommend bringing in pictures of what you like and what you do not like. This will help your plastic surgeon get an idea of what it is you want to achieve. Using sizers during the surgery will help determine what size implants would be best to achieve the look you want. Remember internally, your anatomy is very different, so you may need a different size implant depending on how things are inside.

Questions over sizing prior to breast augmentation

+1

You are ultimately in control of this choice and there are many factors that will play a role in selecting the "proper" size for your. Paramount among these, are your preferences. Your input during the sizing process is essential. If this seems too large for you or if you have remaining questions, go in for another visit and do another sizing session to ease your mind.