Can I Do 550cc Saline Implants? 5'5, 150lbs, 38A, Age 23?

Here's a few things about me. I'm 23, two kids neither breastfed. I weigh 150 pounds for right now but I'm trying to get down to 140. I'm 5'5. I have broad shoulders, I'm big boned, I'm a size 7 in jeans. I wear a 38A bra. My boobs are perky, they are deflated, but don't need a lift. So I have some extra skin, from having kids, and losing weight from both pregnancies. I'm wanting to be a 38D. Will 550cc of saline get me there? If so could it be done?

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Choosing implant size

+1

Without an examination it is impossible to tell for sure whether you will achieve your goal with 550 cc implants or whether you have enough skin to allow them. You need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss this with in person. He or she can then examine you and give you an opinion. In general, however, the bigger the implants, the less likely they are to look natural and the more likely there are to be problems post-operatively. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Probably

+1

Picking the size of an implant can be difficult because it can vary based on your height, weight, chest size (width and thickness).  550 sounds about right for a 38D.  If you are 38 around, you are pretty broad.  So it might fit.  I like to use sizer implants during the surgery before I make up my mind.  I might put 500 on one side and 550 on the other to compare. Or I might put 550 on one side and 600 on the other to compare.  That helps me decide if 550 is really the perfect size for you before I put the permanent implant in place.

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination and a full discussion of your goals.

I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "huge and fake” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Choosign implants

+1

Without an exam, it is impossible to say what implant would be best for you.  Remember the larger you guy the more likely you will have earlier problems.