Will 550cc Put Too Much Tension on a Benelli Lift?

will 550cc saline put to much tension on a benelli lift? dissolving sutures vs perm sutures? armpit vs areola insertion of implant? Thank you so much. surgey date 4/27/12

Benelli lift

+2

You are considering having two things done at once, neither of which I am crazy about. The first is overly large implants and the other is the Benelli lift. although it may sound like a good plan , and may look ok for a while, it will ultimately result in more sagging and stretching of the breast skin and the areolae.  It's impossible to tell without photos, but it sounds like you might be better off with smaller implants and a vertical lift with a lollipop scar instead. You should consult with a few pplastic surgeons to get other opinions.

Benelli and 550 implants

+2

A benelli lift can be done with large implants. I prefer to pal ce the implants through the same incision.  As for suture, I use a permanent because it limits stretching of the areola.

Large Breast Implants (550cc) + Periareolar (Benelli) Lift = a BAD Idea

+2

A Few comments:
1. Breast sag because gravity ALWAYS wins. The heavier / larger a breast is, the faster the breast will sag. If your breasts are already sagging, adding large implants to them makes as much sense as borrowing to pay your credit card bill; All you do is fill the breasts only to place GREATER downward pull on the breasts resulting in FASTER sagging, this time combined with thinning of the breast tissues and skin.

2. The Benelli (or Roundblock) lift is a sub category of Periareolar lift. Its results look good only in women with MINIMAL sagging of the nipple complex. Whenever it is used with greater sagging the results are disappointing (diplomatic for - crappy).

3. The suture MUST be a permanent suture. Otherwise, once it dissolves the areola is pulled upon circumferentially resulting, at best, with bizzare, wide areolae but often with ugly, wide "Starburst" scarring around the areolae (where the wound was pulled apart by gravity AND the implant).

4. A beautiful breast looks like a hemi dome. The suture around the areola results in a central flattening of these breasts (as if an invisible fat man sat on an exercise ball). Hardly the appearance any woman would like.If you MUST have this procedure - go with a MUCH smaller implant.

5. Like ALL operations, a Benelli procedure WILL leave a permanent scar around your arelae. It would make NO sense to put ANOTHER scar elsewhere for insertion of a breast implant.

Memphis, TN

Breast Lift plus large Implants

+1

I agree with Dr. Edelson's answer. very large breast Implants and the Benelli lift can both be problematic.

A word of caution: many surgeons perform what they call a 'circumareolar' (or 'donut' or 'Benelli' ) mastopexy. In my opinion there is absolutely no such thing as a 'circumareolar mastopexy'. Removing skin around the areola may enable a surgeon to elevate the position of the nipple/areola complex perhaps 1-2 cm on the breast mound, but it DOES NOT lift the breast itself. In most cases, unfortunately, it serves to distort the shape of the breasts, making them appear flattened at the top. If the breast needs to be lifted, it absolutely requires some internal rearrangement of breast tissue to create a projecting, aesthetically ideal and lasting result - which in turn requires that vertical incision and vertical surgical scar below the areola (and sometimes in the inframammary fold as well.

For several years I have been using a 'vertical scar' technique for most breast reductions, which eliminates the long, horizontal incision in the inframammary fold below the breasts. I have also adapted this technique for breast lift surgery, and have been extremely pleased with the results. As with breast reduction patients, this new technique not only eliminates the horizontal incision, but also creates more impressive breast projection and maintains it better over time. The breast lift procedure I perform not only removes breast skin but also moves some lower pole breast tissue to a higher position, increasing the projection of the nipple/areola area.

Breast lift surgery works well for patients with enough existing breast tissue to build a projecting 'breast mound'.  I recommend that they undergo augmentation mastopexy. This surgery combines a breast lift with the placement of a breast implant usually of modest size, which produces the most youthful breast profile possible.

Web reference: http://www.michaellaw.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Trust

+1

If you did proper homework, you chose a board certified plastic surgeon with ample experience and an understanding of what you are trying to accomplish.  If you trusted him/her enough to agree to do the surgery with him/her then trust that he/she will do surgery in the optimal manner.

Breast implants and lift

+1

I agree with Dr.Pousti that the technical decisions of how your surgery is performed should be addressed to your surgeon and individualized to your circumstances.  It is important for you to invest your trust in the person you have chosen to take care of you.   Make sure your surgeon is experienced, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, andis someone you can communicate with.

Web reference: Https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Planning Details of Breast Augmentation/Lifting Procedure?

+1

Most of the questions you're asking should be addressed with your chosen plastic surgeon. He/she is the best position to advise him about the potential size of breast implant that can be used at the same time as breast lift is performed. Your physical examination will be critical in the decision making/planning process. Online consultants, who have not met you, examined you and/or discussed your goals are not in a good position to advise you accurately.

Your plastic surgeon will also have recommendations  regarding the type of sutures to use;  you will find that different surgeons will swear that dissolving versus permanent sutures are preferable.  Each type of suture has its potential downside.

Generally, it makes the most sense to insert a breast implant through the incision used to perform the breast lift.

Assuming you have done your due diligence and chosen a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you are looking for, I would suggest that you run these questions by him/her to avoid unnecessary confusion.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm