Would 550cc Implants Look Good on Me?

Im 28 years old. I have ten year old saline implants. There 400cc. Im going to 550cc. Im 5"10" and 125 pds. Would it look ok

Implant size

+1

I believe that choosing implant size can be one of the most difficult parts of breast augmentation.  It is very important that you and your surgeon communicate clearly about your goals and what is technically possible.  A patient's idea of a "natural look"  may be very different from her surgeon's.  I like to spend a lot of time with my augmentation patients on at least two separate occasions to get a better idea of their goals.  I also like to review several photos of other patients with different breast sizes to better understand the goals.  It is also helpful if the patient brings photos of women with breasts that they find attractive and desirable.

During the surgery I use temporary implant sizers to see what the breasts will actually look like after implantation.  It is also important to keep a wide variety of sizes available in stock so that the correct implant is available.

To achieve your best result, you need to discuss your goals carefully with your surgeon after a careful examination.  It is not possible to give you specific advice about your augmentation without an examination and one-on-one discussion.  Best Wishes.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

How to pick breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant choice

+1

Withotu an exam it is very difficult to say whether or not an implant exchange of the volume you describe will be satisfactory.

Breast implant sizing

+1

Unfortunately it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination.

It is important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon and  explain to him/her what “looks good” to you.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.