Will 550cc High Profile Be to Much for my Body Type?

I am 5'4" 130 lb 42" shoulders 36" upper pole 32" directly under my breast.27" waist and 36" hips I am currently a 34A wanting a full perky D will 550cc be too much?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast implant size

+1

I think you will achieve the results you wish. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Starting with cc's and working backwards

+1

I agree with Dr. Kim's response that this type of question doesn't make sense. It's like asking whether a size 14 dress will be too much for my size 6 body. By definition, D-cup size breasts (for a given chest circumference) are "out of proportion" since the normal range of cup sizes for a given chest size is A, B, and C. 

Another way to look at it is that human tissues can only tolerate a certain amount of stretch and expansion at one time without risking stretching, distortion, and unexpected implant positions or problems requiring reoperation to fix. In my experience, the maximum cup-size increase with a properly fitted subpectoral implant is 2 cup sizes. This would be an implant whose diameter fits the inner width of your breast and is high profile. I do not find external sizers are helpful in this regard and it is just not the case that a patient can have any size and shape she wants just by choosing the number of cc's. 

I don't have your breast width upright with your arms down and I don't have the implant charts available at the moment but my expectation is that you are asking for a high risk of poor outcome by forcing a 550 cc implant behind your breast. If you truly want to be a full D then you should take the maximum size implant that will fit and look natural and then allow your tissues to accommodate it over several months at least and then exchange it for a somewhat larger one. Most plastic surgeons understand this principle of tissue expansion and accommodation but some apparently will put in whatever the patient says they want and ignore the potential problems. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Will 550 HP profile implants be too large for me?

+1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have to decide. I suggest that you visit a plastic surgeon and try on various "sizers" under a bra with and without a T-shirt. This will give you an idea of what you like the best. 550's are large, but more patients seem to want to go to these large sizes these days. They may not be as soft and movable as a smaller size and may not loook as natural. Patients seem to be happy with the larger sizers lately, however. The decision must be yours though.

You can also send photos to crisalix and they will show you how you will look with various sizes.

Good luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation going to a D cup

+1

I get asked all the time what size implant I think will be in proportion with their body. To me this question doesn't make any sense at all because everyone has a different idea of what will look proportional. What's important is what you think will look good on your body. And so long as your breasts can handle the implant that is necessary to get to that size and the width of the implant fits your rib cage then I say go for it. So if you want to be a full D go for a full D. Because the most common thing patients say after surgery is I wish I would have gone larger. Just keep in mind that with a larger heavier implant there is more possibility of shifting and if they do develop a capsular contracture it will be more obvious.

David E. Kim, MD

550 mL breast implants are large in any person.

+1

With your relatively small frame I think these breast implants are extremely large. There's nothing wrong with that provided it's what you want. The diameter of the base of the implant should not exceed the diameter of the base of your native breast.

Large implants

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, without a picture it is hard to tell. 550 cc seems very large for your stated dimensions, please make sure you are picking a board certified surgeon.  Also if you compromising by going above the muscle instead of staying under the muscle to get a large implant to fit, it is probably not good trade in the long run.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

What size breast implants?

+1

In addition to taking careful breast measurements, the elasticity of your tissues would also need to be assessed.  If you've never had children and have a tight skin envelope, then 550cc's might not be possible without serious complications such as stretch marks, loss of nipple sensation, synmastia, chronic pain, etc.  Be sure to pick your surgeon carefully and discuss your desires along with the risks of surgery.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Expectations with a breast augmentation

+1

It is hard to give you an estimate for breast style and implant volume without photos and measurements but 550 cc is a large implant for a small woman.  It all depends upon what you want to look like after surgery.  Communicate your desires to your plastic surgeon.  

550cc implants fro Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. It is important to get implants which fit your body type or frame. We would need to look at your breast width and photos, along with the information provided to fit you with implants. Generally 550cc would be large implants for someone your size but that may be the look you want. It would be best to consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD