Will a 550cc Fit my 5'7" 140lb Frame?

Currently a small 34B. 34-28-39 25 years old . 1 breast fed child ... little to no sagging. The surgeon wants to do a high profile (sub muscular) .. My surgery is Friday 9/28/11 ... I am concerned that this may look too big, after reading forums. I don't mind them looking like I have had surgery .. as long as they don't look absolutely ridiculous!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

I hope your surgery went well and that you are pleased with the results! 

For other women with similar questions....

Communication with your surgeon is critical in achieving your size goals.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

High profile implants tend to look more fake

+1

Based on your measurements, you should be able to handle larger implants but 550 cc's is pretty big, even for you. My bigger concern is the high profile implant.  These start out more spherical than disk shape like most implants and this becomes more exaggerated after they are inserted.  This gives the breasts more of a round shape which looks more fake and more obvious that you have implants. Maybe that is not a problem for you, but if you are interested in looking more natural, I suggest a smaller moderate plus profile implant. Good luck with your surgery.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Big implants

+1

Well I guess today is the day so there is not a lot you can do at thispoint.  But, the bigger the implants the potential for more problems.  Good luck.

550 cc Implants - Too big

+1

Communication with your surgeon is of the utmost importance with any breast augmentation procedure. Although 550 cc is large, it depends upon your ultimate goal.  As the implants get larger, the issues with skin stretch etc can be increased, however, this is not a guarantee.  The key is getting the implant to match your body/chest/breast as well as achieving your aesthetic outcome.  No implant is free of problems no matter how small so choose what implant makes you happy.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Large Implants

+1

Without examining your anatomy I would think that 550cc is too large of an implant.  The implants needs to fit the dimensions of your chest/breast. Too large of an implant can result in a unsatisfactory result.  Based on the photo you included I would be very surprised if anything over 400cc would be needed

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Bigger implants have bigger problems

+1

Your pictures would have been helpful. The size of the implants is based on the patients expectation,breast base,breast tissue and chest wall . You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. i would recommend 3D imaging to try different size implants before surgery.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Is 550 too big

+1

that is a big implant. I would suggest you look on line for photos of women with your size breasts now, and what they look like postoperatively. find one you like and the number of cc's used and discuss this again with your surgeon. I am usually in the 350-400cc range.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

550cc is on the larger side - however it is difficult to know whether it is right for you without examining you/or seeing photos. Larger implants generally fill a saggy breast better in the short term, but may droop more in the longer term. Smaller and lighter implants have less of a tendency of doing that.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

550cc is a large breast implant

+1

A 550cc breast implant may be a bit large for your frame. More importantly, it may be too large and heavy for the tissues of your breast to accommodate (skin, muscle, breast tissue). Over time these larger implants have more of a tendency to sag. I would discuss your size in more detail with your plastic surgeon before choosing an implant of that size.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com