Will 550cc Look Fake Against my Frame?

I'm a full B cup now. Weight: 157 lbs height: 5'7. I'm getting a areola lift due to droopiness from breast feeding and having large areolas. I want 2B a full D cup but I worry about loosing the natural look if I go too Large in cc's. Does the amount of breast tissue i have increase the look of the implant? How many cc's would you suggest given my dimensions?

Natural Look Breast Augmentation

+2

There is no question that one's existing amount of breast tissue will influence the effect on appearance that any size breast implant will have. But without pictures of what you look like and what you feel unnatural looks like, it is impossible to give any recommendation on implant volume. You need to have an actual consultation and be examined in person to answer your questions. Bring some pictures to the consult of breast sizes that you like and also what you feel look too big or unnatural.

Will 500cc Look "Fake" On A Frame?

+1

What is too big or fake is often in the eyes of the patient and not the hands or judgement of the surgeon. Obviously most breast augmentations have a "fake" aspect to them as do some lifts and combinations of the two. Understanding what your goals are is very important in deciding what could be done for you. Many surgeons have a "book" of before and after photos that you can look through and based on what you want will give your surgeon an idea of what he needs to achieve to satisfy you. If your expectations are more than what is possible you may have to compromise.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Do full breasts look fake?

+1

No they do not. They look voluptuous. The fake look comes from capsular contracture which almost never happens any more. Every patient has their own preference for the amount of fullness. Don't let anyone else tell you how much fullness you should have. You can choose any size you want. At Lake tahoe Plastic Surgery we help our patients make up their mind with two methods; first we ask each patient to choose a PlayBoy type photo of the size they want to see in the mirror after surgery. Then we place many different sizers in a soft bra and let them choose how much they want their clothing filled out. The sizer they choose determines the adjustable saline implant shell we use. Then we place it empty thru a 1 inch incision and fill it until it looks the same size as the PlayBoy picture they chose. The final fill is a "committee decision". All 3 nurses and myself judge the fullnes from the 4 corners of the compass and compare it to the PlayBoy photo. We adjust until it looks exactly like the photo. You don't have to worry about coming out too big or too small. All you have to worry about is changing your mind. AND when patients change theri mind after surgery, it's always that they wish they had gone bigger! Total cost is $4400. 

Dr Foster 

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

550 cc implants and looking fake

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say how fake or natural they will look, and whether or not they are an appropriate fit for you. If you do not have a lot of breast tissue, they will most likely look fake.

550 cc breast implants will look fake on almost any woman.

+1

Hi.

From your description, I would say you don't need more than 400 cc's to go up two full cup sizes.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Will 550s look fake?

+1

Hi, the presence or lack of breast tissue before augmentation can affect the result significantly and a natural look is a non scientific description of one's personal opinion.

keeping in my mind that a 550cc implant is considered pretty large, your best bet is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and review photographs of before and after surgery and convey your goals to your surgeon who will help you learn about the best options in your particular case.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

550 CC Breast Implant Look Fake on my Frame?

+1

Unfortunately, despite your description of your body type, it is not possible to give you accurate advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, the next step would be  to communicate your goals  carefully with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "fake” or "full D" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.