Is 550 CC's Enough for a Butt Augmentation?

I'm 5'2 118 pounds and i'm having a fat transfer done in a month. My doctor said he's guessing about a pound of fat will be injected TOTAL. So that is about 550 cc's? Is this even enough to make a difference? He says it will but I seen most ppl talk about getting that much injected in each side! Should I gain wait so there will be more fat to inject? I really want to notice a difference and have more volume.

Amount of fat for Brazilian butt lift

+1

One of the biggest challenges that we face for a Brazilian butt lift is the amount of fat that is available. Often patients who are thin ask for a lift and unfortunately due to lack of fat a proper result cannot be achieved. Although highly dependent on the proportions of the body in my experience at least 400cc per side is needed to make a significant difference. The perfect candidate is a young patient with tight skin envelope that has significant excess of fat in the lower abdomen and flanks (muffin top). These individuals can have a sculpting of their central trunk and can then enjoy a very effective augmentation. In general gaining weight for this operation is not such an appropriate thing to do. As you lose your weight, the odds are that you will lose the buttock fat as well. Patients that do not have significant fat need an implant.

Amount of fat for Brazilian butt lift

+1

The amount of fat needed for a Brazilian butt augmentation depends on how much projection you want to have. In other words, the bigger the butt or the more fat is needed to get the best shape, the more fat you will need. Typically, during this procedure about 5-7 liters of fluid are removed.  From this amount, about 30% - 40% is usable and viable fat. 
You need to discuss with your surgeon the desired shape that you want. Many times due to ethnic differences the thights are also augmented to get a better waist to hip ratio and this requires additional fat.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Amount of fat for buttock augmentation

+1

Every case is different; depending on body type and size.  You may or may not obtain the form you want with that amount.  Discuss this with your surgeon and not focus just on a cc amount like patients do with breast implants.  Donald R. Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Fat injection for buttock augmentation

+1

I agree with the above author. Fat transfer to the buttocks must be individualized. You should expect that around 50% of the fat will be re-absorbed so I tend to overcorrect and place around 500-700 cc per side when I perform this procedure. That being said you may only need  a smaller volume to achieve your goals. The liposuction to remove the fat from the flanks and lower back is just as important as the transfer to the buttocks to achieve an aesthetic result. You might want to talk to your doctor and ask him how much fat he anticipates will survive and how he plans to place it to sculpt the gluteal region.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel A.  Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Brazillian Butt Lift / Augmentation - Is 550 CC's Enough?

+1

The goal of a Brazilian Butt Lift or Fat Transfer to the Buttocks is NOT simply a buttock inflating procedure. The goal should NOT be to produce a mini- Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade "Betty big butt" float. The goal should be to define the low back, restoring the low back scoop and make the buttock cheeks as hemispheric as possible and fitting of YOUR frame.

I have transferred as little as 400cc of centrifuged, pure fat per buttock cheek with good results. In a 5'2'' thin woman 550 cc of fat per side should be plenty as long as the lower back is nicely defined by liposuction and the fat is grafted in hemispheric fashion.

Peter A Aldea, MD