Is 550 Cc's Too Big Form Me? (photo)

I have my Breast Augmentation Surgery scheduled for this thursday july 19th. and now i am wondering if the size my surgeon and i chose is too big for me. I am 5'2 and 120lbs. i have one previous pregnancy and my size before pregnancy was 34A and the peak size during pregnancy was 34D. i am back to a 34A. i want them to be big but NOT ridiculous. He recommended that we go with 550 cc's HP under Muscle Saline (not old enough for silicone). is this too big? please help me!!!. Thanks in advance :)

Implants too big for frame?

+2

Yes. If your goal is to look top-heavy, this may work out well for you.  Otherwise, your breasts will be out of proportion to the rest of your body.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

550 ccs Is Neither Big Nor Small - It All Depends on Your Goal

+2

The final cc volume is something that you and your plastic surgeon have to determine.  I agree with an earlier responder that trying on implants inside a bra is definitely a good idea.  Bringing a tight T-shirt along with you to assist you in seeing how things will look is also a helpful adjunct to figuring out what size may look good.  Remember, implants in a bra on top of your skin and muscle will look 15% smaller when you have them under your skin and muscle.  I am sure your plastic surgeon and all of the responders, myself included, want happy patients and there is no right or wrong volume.  It just depends on what you want. 

Would a 550 fit into your body frame?  Sure.  I would use a high profile, round implant, sub-muscular, but your specific question "is 550 too big?", the answer is, no it is not too big.  If it matches the look you are looking for, then it is just right.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

550 saline implants

+2

I would recommend returning to you PS and requesting to try the implants on. This is the only way to be comfortable with your choice.  Given the pictures you provided and your height and weight, I would say that 550cc implants are going to be large.  It really depends on your own goals to determine if it will be too big.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Try on that size implant and consider silicone

+2

First I think everyone would agree that silicone implants feel better, look better, and are generally a better product.  There is an age "requirement" but I will leave it at saying that you should consider silicone implants.  In terms of size I would encourage you to try on implants under a tight T-shirt or sports bra in the 450-600 range and see which volume you like more for your body.  You are fairly petite in height so 500+ will definitely look big.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Go big implants or go home

+1

Going with a 550 cc implant will be very large on your small frame.  If you live in Miami, Texas or Vegas then people won’t care.  They will look big but fine.  But if you live in more conservative areas then you will be considered slightly top heavy, not ridiculous or porno star.

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Choosing the right saline or silicone breast implant size

+1

Biometric measurements are important in choosing breast size prior to breast augmentation.  In my office, the volume of the implant is discussed, in addition to the dimensions of the implant with respect to breast size and shape. Surgery90210 Raffy Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS