Are 550 Cc Too Big for Me?

My surgery is this friday. I'm 6'2 and 170 pounds. My cup size is a small A and I want to be a small D.

Implant size selection

+1

Recommending implant sizes for you depends on multiple factors.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  It is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you. You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Kim

Beast size decision. I'm 6'2 and 170 pounds. My cup size is a small A and I want to be a small D.

+1

It is important to be well informed about breast augmentation including the choice of implants and the size. You also need to understand why a certain breast implant is appropriate for you. The most important factor in decision-making is the dimension of your breasts and chest wall as well as the thickness of the soft tissues. You need to review these measurements with your plastic surgeon and make sure that the decision is made based on these measurements. It is not unusual for me to see a patient several times before the surgery as I try to make sure they are informed to their total satisfaction prior to the planed operation. No information given to you on this site prior to your surgery should replace a proper evaluation and discussion with your plastic surgeon.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size selection

+1

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Talk to your plastic surgeon before your surgery.  Communication is the key.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.
 Although I think this is an excellent forum for patients to receive general advice regarding plastic surgical procedures, for more specific advice pertaining to your situation you will be best off communicating with your chosen plastic surgeon.   
You will find that you will be bombarded with information online;  this information will be probably conflicting and/or confusing.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “small D” means different things to different people. . 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.