Will 550-650cc Breast Implants Give Me Porn Star Boobs?

I went to a consultation with a plastic surgeon. We tried on many breast implants and decided on two sizes, 550 cc and 650 cc in the other. I am a bigger girl, 5'6' and around 160 lbs. They looked good in the bra with a shirt on, but I'm just wondering, if they drop, will I have cleavage? Is that a good size for me because I'm bigger? Will that make me a D or a DD? I just want to make sure I'm not going to have "Porn Star" boobs. I was told average recovery time is 5-8 days. I'm still smoking, and the surgery is in 3 weeks.

Implants too Big

+2

Average implant volume is somewhere between 300 and 400 ccs. So the volumes you are interested in are by definition "larger" than average. There are a couple of issues your plastic surgeon will need to attend to:

1) Submuscular placement

2) Support sutures

3) Post-operative management including massage, bra support (critical) and fold management

Bring photos to your surgeon, have your surgeon perform accurate chest, breast and bra measurements.

Give yourself at least one week to recover. Biggest issue I see is patients not keeping arms at sides, lifting heavy objects (kids!) and doing housework.

Listen to your surgeon regarding appropriate sizing and recovery.

Good Luck!

Dr, C

Breast augmentation using large implants

+2

5'6" is a good height to carry large breast implants. As long as the implants are placed submuscularly, you will have a nice natural sloped look depending on the placement. Remember that internally your anatomy is different and you may need a different number of cc's to achieve the look you want. I would suggest showing your plastic surgeon pictures of what look you would like to achieve.

I would also suggest 1 week recovery after having a breast augmentation. That means no strenuous exercise and no heavy lifting. Keeping your elbows to your sides at least for that first week will help you heal faster. The more you do with your pec muscles the longer it will take for you to heal.

Large Breast Implants

+2

Yes, those are large breast implants. It really depends on your chest diameter and how much breast tissue you have to begin with. That will determine your ultimate bra size.

If you are particularly wide, then a wider breast implant like a moderate profile will help fill in the cleavage area. But ultimately, what determines your cleavage is how close your breasts are now and your anatomy.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

You liked the sizers!

+1
It is a good size for you because you liked the way the sizers looked! Everybnody has a different opinion about the way their body should look.  You have selected the size based on your own personal understanding of size, and that is the most important thing!  Stop smoking if you can, that is the most important contribution you can make to your own recovery.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Choose Implants That Fit Your Body & Frame

+1

It’s always difficult making decisions about breast size without performing a physical examination or seeing pre-operative pictures. In addition, patients underlying anatomy and personal preference for size and shape must be considered as well.

It’s important to choose breast implants that fit your body. These implants should have harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding structures. It’s also important to realize that breast implants can come in all shapes and sizes because no two women are exactly the same.

In the vast majority of patients, 550-650 cc implants would be considered excessively large, but in some cases this might be appropriate depending upon the patient’s baseline anatomy. In light of the fact, that you describe yourself as a large women with small breasts, this may be necessary to achieve the goal of harmony, balance and proportion.

It’s important that you proceed cautiously and use as many breast sizing tools as possible. I find external sizers and the 3D Vectra imaging system to be particularly helpful. Make sure your surgeon has a thorough understanding of your aesthetic goals, so you can achieve an optimal aesthetic result.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for your question.   For your safety and to help minimize complications, it is best to stop smoking immediately, with surgery only 3 weeks away.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Are my implants too large.

+1

You have many concerns which are difficult to address adequately in an email. Seeing that you have been to a consultation with a plastic surgeon, I would rely primarily on her/his evaluation and recommendations. These are relatively large implants for the average augmentation but they may be proportionate for you. Generally the risk of complications may increase with increasing size.

550 or 600 cc implants

+1

Implants that are 550-600 cc's are quite large.  The larger the implant the more likely to have problems sooner down the road like sagging.  

Avoid very large breast implants.

+1

Hi!

1) In Manhattan, I have a pretty big experience with breast augmentation, and I can tell you that I have never used implants bigger than 500 cc's. I would strongly advise you not to get such large implants, which will look fake, stretch your tissues, and age badly.

2) Don't assume that the difference between your breasts is 100 cc's. It could be more or (more commonly) less. Your surgeon needs to put disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery to see exactly which implants give you the best shape and symmetry.

3) We keep a large inventory of different breast implants in the operating room so that the final decision does not have to be made in advance. This way there is no guess work.

4) Take a look at the breast augmentation page (and maybe the breast asymmetry page) on my web site.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)