I am 55 years old and i had active fx done 4 months ago with no improvement.. If I have it done again will it work?

I am 55 years old and had active fx done 4 months ago. My eyelids sag worse and my skin texture is worse. It did nothing for lines above my lip and this was recommended for that by my doctor. Will a second treatment make it better or worse? Does this not work for everyone?

Best Fractionated CO2...It's More Than the Laser

+1
Hi JJ,

Fractionated CO2 laser treatment is not a commodity, but rather a very good tool that when used properly gives excellent results.  It works very well for the crepe skin around the eyes, and for lines around the mouth.  Perhaps your treatment was not aggressive enough.  The results are dependent on the type of fractionated CO2 laser that is used (Active FX and Fraxel Repair are among the best), and most importantly dependent on the laser surgeon.  You should speak with your treating physician and see if more aggressive settings can be safely used in your case.  I have seen patients like yourself, and treated them successfully with Fraxel repair.  Once again, I can only speak for my results with our fractionated CO2 laser system.  As always with aesthetic facial procedures, choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P