I'm 5'5 and I Weight 160, I Want a Bbl, Should I Loose or Gain Weight ?

Weight status before BBL

+2

Difficult to make any recommendations without photos or more importantly a formal physical exam.  The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

+2

Thank for share your question. An evaluation is always necessary, but based on the information you've provided and my experience doing BBL I recommend you to lose a few pounds or remain at the same weight, you do not need gain weight for the surgery.

Walkiris Robles, MD

+2

Do not gain weight.  You may want to lose weight or stay the same.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  About 25% of my patients have had previous liposuction and Brazilian buttlifts.  It is important to get the Brazilian buttlift correct the first time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

At 5'5" and 160 pounds should I lose or gain weight to undergo the BBL?

+1

Generally, with your height and weight measurements you should be a good candidate for the BBL: without undergoing weight change. But you need to examined to be certain. When searching for a plastic surgeon you should seek one with extensive experience performing the BBL. It takes many years and many cases to get the experience to perform the BBL well. You should look at many before and after photos by your surgeon to get an idea of what your buttocks  may look like after surgery. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

The decision whether you are a good candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift depend on the physical examination and the distribution of fat around the love handles, lower back and abdomen. Also the results depend on your expectations and the experience of the plastic surgeon.