I Am 55 135 Lbs and I Wear a 36 DD Bra. Would I Be Eligable for a Reduction to a C Cup?

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery;  this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

The first/ best step would involve meeting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals. Learn about the breast reduction procedure and the potential risk/complications associated with the procedure. The attached link may be helpful to you in this regard.

Once you have decided to proceed with breast reduction surgery it will be important to communicate your goals clearly. With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. 

Most of my patients patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso.  

Sometimes the breast reduction procedure is “covered” by health insurances. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
 This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

Breast reduction to a "C" cup from "DD"?

+1

You  may very well be a candidate for a breast reduction but you should go for a consultation to be properly evaluated.

Eligable for Breast Reduction?

+1

Most likely you will qualify, but it will depend on the criteria of your insurance policy. In general most insurance companies want a reduction of 500 grams per breast which is about a DD cup size. You can contact your insurance company or see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast reduction surgery and your surgeon and office staff will know how to obtain pre-authorization for you. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD