Im 5'5 128 Current Bra Size 34b Cant Decide on 400 Cc or 450ccs Saline, Opinion?

Is 400cc to big for a 5'5 128 pound.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Preconceived notions of implant size

+1

At size 34, each 100 cc is 1 cup size increase.  400 cc implants would bring you up 4 cup sizes and you would end up a DDD.  This assumes you can accommodate such a large implant in the retro-pectoral position.  I recommend you discuss with your plastic surgeon your desired goal rather than going with a preconceived notion of what size you need.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implant sizes

+1

In my opinion and experience, the proper way to size implants and know their effect is to start with the breast size and dimensions and work up to the cc's of volume. It doesn't make sense to me as it doesn't in fitting other things to the body, to start with the cc's of volume and work backwards. I would also forget external sizer techniques as these are quite misleading and don't really help determine an implant size that will fit and its effect. The proper way to size an implant in my experience is to measure across the width of the breast upright with the arms down and subtract about 1 cm from this measurement to find out what the diameter (and height for a round implant) should be. There are then generally three choices (four in saline-filled) for the forward dimension of volume (called the profile). The lowest forward volume or projection will generally make the breast look about a cup size bigger and the largest forward volume (profile) will make the breast look about two cup sizes bigger and the medium profile will be in between. If you are starting from a mid B cup you could go up to a C or a D. The actually volume of the implant is looked up on a chart by the diameter and the profile choice. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection

+1
The implant size should be determined during your consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon. The best size and style of implant to use for the size you want to be will depend on your chest and breast dimensions. I do not think 400 cc would be to big for you, but this is really a question you have to answer as to how big you want to look.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Choosing an implant size for breast augmentation

+1

Most women are anxious about selecting the right size implant for themselves prior to surgery.  I like to have my patients try on sizers without looking at numbers at first to get into the ball park of a suitable size.  This helps eliminate prejudices from looking at pictures on the Web or knowing a friend's size.  Too large an implant can make you look overweight and lead to more complications.  Too large an implant can look less natural.   too small an implant can leave you dissatified with the merits of the surgery.  Let your surgeon help[ you fine tune an implant sizee that your body can accomodate that is the best match for your goals.  Two or three photos can be helpfu for communication .l

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

There are many variables involved in determining the best breast implant size/profile to achieve a specific patient's goals. Online consultation unfortunately cannot provide you with a precise answer.

I would suggest that you concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with your breast augmentation surgery.

Communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.