I am 54. my jowls are just starting to sag & I am beginning that marionette look. What is the best procedure with little downtim

I am 54 and want something to tighten my lower face. X wrinkles don't bother me but sagging jowls and marionette lines do

Top Toronto Facelift and Necklift with SMAS and fat grafting and Stem Cell

+2

I am a 13-year experienced Toronto plastic surgeon and I trained with Drs Daniel Marchac and Gilbert Aiache in Paris, France and with Dr. Bruce Connell in Los Angeles.

They are numerous techniques for #facelift and #necklift depending on your anatomy, your expectations and the surgeon's preferences; skin only versus muscle and skin - SMAS facelift - superficial versus deep planes, with or without fat grafting, short scar, MACS and traditional facelift, etc.

When I meet my patients in #Toronto and #Richmond Hill, I go over the pros and cons for those facelift and necklift techniques in details so you have a clear understanding.

From the pictures you sent me, you would be a great candidate for minimal neck liposuction, anterior neck muscle repair, and a comprehensive 2-layer facelift and neck lift which involves SMAS (the muscle layer) mobilization and muscle lift and skin redraping.  I commonly add fat grafting to my facelift for volume and for #stemcell application.

Face surgery MUST be performed by an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon, who is familiar with the facial anatomy.

I do discuss the SMAS and facelift technique on my blog: visageclinic.com

I hope this helps and it would be our pleasure to meet you at Visage Clinic in Toronto and Richmond Hill.

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto plastic surgeon, #DrMarcDuPere

Voted TOP plastic surgery Clinic in Toronto for 2013 and 2014
Voted TOP Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto for 2014
visageclinic.com/patient-resources/media.cfm

Past facelift for jowls, loose neck skin and marionette lines

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  Based on your photo you have appear to be an excellent candidate for a SMAS facelift with neck lift which should tighten the neck  remove the jowls and lift the cheeks.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

There is no currently proven or accepted method for the use of stem cells and facial surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Possibly a Mini Facelift

+1
It's difficult to tell from your photos, but I believe a mini facelift should suffice. I believe your  neck will be addressed adequately by a facelift. Obviously an actual consultation would be necessary to fully assess your tissues. 

William H. Huffaker, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Facelift candidate for jowls and marionette lines

+1
You are a candidate for a facelift.  There is minimal downtime, and patients who follow directions usually recovery quickly.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and expectations.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Age 54 facelift candidate for jowls and marionette lines

+1
 The photographs show jowls, excess facial and neck skin and fatty deposits in the neck. A comprehensive lower face/ neck lift will address these issues.  To lift the jowls and marionette lines, the SMAS and facial muscles must be tightened. the neck muscles are tightened in 3 locations and light perception the neck is accomplished all the same time. Anticipate approximately 2 weeks  of visible bruising and swelling. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo Gallery

+1
I have been performing facelifts with minimal downtime for many years.  Most women (and men) want to recover quickly.  A perform the facelift through small incisions, but still address the sagging skin and muscle.  If these areas are not addressed, you will have just wasted your money.

Best Procedure at Age 54?

+1
Thank you for your question.  Based on the photos shown, the squaring off of the lower face, the presence of jowls, and the obliquity in the neck would best be addressed with a Facelift. Is there downtime with a Facelift? Of course, but there is no way to adequately correct these areas without it. I think the best way to look at the situation is to approach the problem honestly and to see an experienced Surgeon board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery who makes Facelift a big part of his/her practice.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

What to do for jowls at 54?

+1
You are ready for a full face and neck lift. That is the procedure designed to correct your conerns.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

The right procedure

+1
Dear Kelly,  I believe, the right procedure for you would be a facelift.  This is the only procedure that would be able to get rid of the jowls and restore youthful neck contour.

Best wishes!
Dr. Konstantin

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

Facelift for sagging face with jowls and neck bands.

+1
Facelift for sagging face with jowls and neck bands is what will give you the best results. The recovery is 1-2 weeks if done well with rare exception.