Flat Chested Woman Going To a C Cup With Silicone Gel Implants. What Size/cc's Should I Go With?

I have been to 2 different doctors, and I believe my breast base measures around 13cm's if I heard correctly. Both mentioned the moderate profile implants. I would love to be a nice "C" size. I was told by one doctor to go with around 390cc's, and another told me 339cc's. That doesn't seem like a big differece, but I want to make sure I get the look that I want. I am not even an A cup now, I am completely flat with some loose skin. HELP!!! I am having my surgery soon and need some help!

Flat chestd woman going to a C cup with silicone gel implants. What size/cc's should I go with?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance. Given your desires, a breast augmentation, with an implant or fat grafting, would be an ideal procedure that would meet your expectations. Breast augmentation is now the most popular procedure performed in plastic surgery today. One tolerated very well by women with minimal downtime and high patient satisfaction.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, etc). Your height, weight, breast width, and body habitus will make a difference for which implant style/projection to choose. Implant profile will also make a difference on the projection, which will influence overall breast/cup size. I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you of results. Sizers are helpful during an in-office consultation. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width. This is the most important determinant for the sizing of implants, which will provide the optimal result and most aesthetically-pleasing result for you.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast procedures who will examine and discuss with you the various options and factors to consider and help you decide which one will be the right one for you. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Getting the right size for a C cup with base width 13.0

+1

Moderate profile gel implants up to about 397 (Allergan) will fit a base width of 13.0 cm.  397 cc usually gives a nice, full C cup for a 34 A woman.  339 (Allergan) or 350 (Mentor) is also usually a C cup but more smaller or more conservative.  

Since many women say that they wish they would have gone a little larger, and since an implant that does not exceed your base width does not increase your risk of problems, the final choice would be completely subjective and based on your own preferences.

In our office, we would have a patient try on a 34 A bra, for example, and all the implants up to her base width to see which ones she likes.   If all were too small, we would try the high profile implants because up to 500 cc still fits in a 13 cm breast width.  Then the patient would decide if she liked the high profile or moderate profile implants and make her own decision. If she did not like the high profile, then the largest suitable size would be 397 or less for this example.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Breast size and implants

+1

this is a common question.

what is your chest size?

36   a to c      375 -400 cc

34    a to c      325-350

32  a  to c        250- 300

these are general ranges  but most women dont wear the correct size bra

Implant size

+1

Picking the appropriate implant size is one of the most significant aspects to the preoperative planning for a breast augmentation. This is further complicated by the fact that there is no established C cup size. A C cup in one manufacture may be a D in another company.Spend time with a competent surgeon. Ask a lot of questions.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

How to choose breast implant size

+1

The best results will derive from achieving good balance:

top vs bottom for figure proportionality;

implant vs skin envelope for natural curves;

implant base diameter vs chest  diameter for proper breast aesthetics.

I have found that I can get the best results by using temporary implants called sizers in the operating room: I place the implants into the pocket in the breast and evaluate the results.  I can mix and match until the desired results are achieved.  I keep a whole spectrum of implants in the operating room so that when we have decided on the right size we have it available.

Don't get too hung up on absolute cc's.  Make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page in terms of the results you are seeking.  Your surgeon should have a bunch of before and after pictures for you to review.  Look at women who look something like you, and also look at all the other pictures to get a good idea of how this particular surgeon views the attractive female breast'

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Breast implant choice

+1

Without a phsyical exam , it is impossible to suggest what would be best for you.  Wider framed patients often do better with mod plus or moderate profile implants.

Size of implant to go from A to C cup

+1

In the end you will want a certain breast size and shape regardless of what your bra cup size says.  The size range that you have mentioned is consistent with going from an A to a C cup.  I recommend you try some implants under a sports bra or very tight T shirt that are the size and projection you are considering to get an idea of what you would like more.  One of the plastic surgeons you have consulted should be able to help you out with this.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Choosing the right sized breast implant

+1

There is a lot of  information to sort through when selecting an implant. There is not a magic implant size that creates a "c" cup.  The final cup size is based on your height, your weight, your natural breast size and shape as well as your chest width to name a few.  All bras are created differently so a "c" cup in one will fit differently than a "c" cup in another.  Both a 390CC and a 339CC implant can create a "c" cup in the right circumstances.  My best advise to you is ask to try on several different sizes and select the one you like best  and don't stress over the final cup size. Generally a 13 cm chest width requires a mid range profile not a hi or lo  profile, to create a natural look.  Good Luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Sterile disposable implant sizers should be used during breast augmentation to select best size.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes:

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Completely Flat Chested, What Size Implants

+1

If you have very little breast volume now, and want to be a full C, my recommendation would be a high profile submuscular implant.  Mid-range profile will get you to a full B-small C in most bras.  Doctors prefer smaller implants because we avoid problems such as rippling/wrinkling, nipple numbness, implant visibility/palpability, skin stretching, PLUS, breasts augmented with smaller implants appear more natural and proportionate to your body.  The MOST natural, after all, is what you have now.  Many women however, really want some additional fullness, even knowing about the above potential issues.  My advice:  try high profile in the office, compare to mid range profile, and decide which YOU feel most comfortable with.

Steve Laverson, MD