Im 5'4 and 116 Lbs Are 400cc Saline Implants Going to Look Too Big and Fake? (photo)

I want a ba really bad but I am very thin and would like to put on 15 to 20lbs considering that I don't feel there is enough tissue to cover a saline implant but will 400 cc be too big for me ? I think silicone would feel more natural and be less visible. With what you see here and my stats 5'4 116 lbs and deflated breast from two children what seems the best option? Thanks in advance for your responses

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You are a good candidate for breast augmentation and breast lifting.

I would suggest that you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "fake looking" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Im 5'4 and 116 Lbs Are 400cc Saline Implants Going to Look Too Big and Fake?

+2

Great posted photos! In my opinion based only on the photos I believe a full lift with a 300 cc implant might be a good choice. Or staged lift surgery as first than implant as a second operation. Best to be seen in person by boarded PSS in your area. 

Are 400cc Saline Implants Going to Look Too Big?

+2

I do not think that 400cc implants would look too large or too fake, but the silicone gel implants would probably look more natural depending on how much thickness of tissue you have to camouflage the saline implants.  More importantly, you do not mention anything about a breast lift, and there is absolutely no question that you need a major breast lift (yes, with a vertical scar) or your result will be very poor.  Some surgeons may prefer to perform a lift and an augmentation in two separate stages, while some may agree to perform them together, and you need to know the relative risks of either choice.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Implants alone are NOT the solution

+1

Your photographs show two probelms, small breasts and extensive drooping.  You will need a breast augmentation with lift.  This can all be done through an incision around the nipple, avoiding vertical scars or scars underneath the breasts.  There is a technique where the nipples can be lifted, the remaining breast tissue lifted higher on the chest wall and implants placed high as well.  All 2 should be aligned in the same horizontal plane to give you maximum anterior projection.  I highly recommend silicone gel implants as they feel more natural and do not ripple.  Implants placed behind the major pectoral muscle is essential.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Your photos tell the story quite well. You need to have a breast lift with implants to obtain the proper shape.  I would probably use slightly smaller implants, otherwise your skin will stretch out again.  A breast lift does, however, require breast scars, either as a lollipop or anchor scar.  the scars typically heal nicely, but in patients with dark skin, there is always the risk of heavy scar formation.  If you are not willing to accept that risk, you are probably better off not having surgery at all. If you simply have implants placed with no lift, your breasts will never look right.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Size

+1

You are a candidate for breast augmentation and lift.  Your focus should be to choose the correct board certified plastic surgeon who understands your lifestyle, lifestage, and objectives.  Once you have developed a trust with the surgeon, he/she can guide you on the size.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implants

+1

I think that based upon your photos you would need a lift. As for the specific size of implant, this is best decided after a thorough exam and a discussion of your goals.  Good luck.

Are 400cc breast implants too large for me? (photo)

+1

400cc not too large, but dimensions (width and projection) more important than volume.  You need some volume to fill loose skin, and breast lift (mastopexy) as well to restore youthful breast shape. Downside is scar, but the improvement is usually worth it.  My advice is not to put on weight to camouflage implants.  You have enough native breast tissue for this.  Saline should be OK in my opinion because of the ample amont of glandular and stromal mammary texture that will cover your implant.  The most common problem that could sabotage your result is capsular contracture, more frequent after augmentation-lift than augmentation alone.

Steve Laverson, MD

Are 400 cc implants going to look too big?

+1

Yes, 400 cc implants are going to look fake on you.    However,as has been previously noted you are really more of a breast lift candidate than a breast augmentation candidate. It appears from your photos that you have "ptosis" of the breast. This means that the nipple is below the inframammary crease  (the line that forms where your breast meets the chest). In this situation the ptosis has to be addressed and corrected before performing an augmentation otherwise the breast will have the appearance of a "rock in a sock".  I would suggest you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and explain your options. Best of luck.  Dr Donald Brown. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

400 cc implants too large?

+1

This size implant will not look natural on your thin frame.  Additionally, your breasts sag too much to have a simple aug.  You definitely need a lift, as well.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon