5'4, 220lb. 21yrs old, 1 Child. Should I Consider Tummy Tuck? If Not, Any Advice on Diets?

I am 21yrs, have a 5month old I am 5'4 220 and I really want a tummy tuck. I have always been around 175-180 I have never been thin or that happy but now that i had my son it is just heart breaking to see my stomach look as it does. It is depressing for me I feel ugly when im naked I considered tummy tuck because I really am not happy with my stomach area thats what I want to loose. I really need HELP an ADVICE..PLEASE.. I'M IN PITTSBURGH PA

TT?

+2

this is a recipe for disaster. you are a poor candidate based on your BMI body mass index and your present emotional fragility (I apologize in advance if I'm wrong but it sounds that way in your preamble). exercise, eat right and feel good about yourself before surgery ever gets considered again. good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Get Your House In Order First.

+2

First, you must resolve the negative overall feeling about yourself.  Once you have accomplished that you can focus on a healthy lifestyle NOT A DIET!  The formula is simple regular exercise and less food intake (more calories burned and less calories eaten).  You should seek some nutritional counseling (checking out some books from your local library would be cost effective).  Once these issues are stable in your life and you still have some contour issues with your abdomen then seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon about possible treatments for your abdomen.

Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Consider weight loss prior to tummy tuck

+2

A tummy tuck is unlikely to achieve the result you seek. At your height, you are nearly 100 lbs over your ideal body weight which is associated with significant health risks. Your problem is more than cosmetic and to some degree life threatening over the long term. Seek the advice of a nutrtitionist. A bariatric surgery procedure may be a more important consideration than a tummy tuck at this point in time.

Tummy tuck Timing?

+1

In your situation, having had only one child, I would suggest waiting on the  tummy tuck  if at all possible. If you're not planning on having children in the near future then proceeding with the surgery should be considered, given that it will significantly improve your quality of life (based on what you have described). Obviously taking this route may mean that further surgery may be required after you're done with pregnancies.

Based on your description you are overweight–it would be best to get closer to your ideal weight prior to surgery. You may want to see your family doctor for specific advice to reach her goals.

You will find that in the field of plastic surgery, every patient's  situation is assessed based on their unique circumstances, making it difficult to give generalized advice.

It may benefit you to seek consultation with a well-trained/ethical/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon for advice.

Diet or tummy tuck

+1

If you are 40 lbs  above your previous average range, then I suggest losing weight first. If you are planning to have more children, then I would have them first before pursuing a tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck

+1

A Tummy tuck should help you remove the excess skin as well as tighten up your muscles to flatten your abdomen. You may want to wait until you have another child if you plan to. Watch my videos on YouTube.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

tummt tuck or weight loss

+1

I think diet and exercise is the first choice.Also do you plan to have more children.You certainly wouldn't want to have a tummy tuck and then get pregnant and undo all the gain.If diet and exercise prove futile maybe some circumferential suctioning to slim your mid section then exercise and finally a tummy tuck.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Not Solution for Obesity

+1

Patients who obtain the best results from a tummy tuck are patients who have had significant weight loss or pregnancies and are now at or near their normal weight.  At your age, you should consult with a registered dietician and/or a personal trainer and attempt to lose your excess weight through diet and exercise rather than surgery.

John Whitt, MD