I Am 5'4 132lbs at 34B I Want to Be a Full 34D, How Many CCs?

I am 5'4 132lb range athletic stature. I am going with saline round smooth mod plus, and doing the IMF procedure. I decided on 450 CC when trying on the sizes. Should this get me in the right range bra size im striving for? I have one kid so i have a slight deflation from when they were bigger but nothing extreme

Breast Augementation - I Am 5'4 132lbs at 34B I Want to Be a Full 34D, How Many CCs?

+2

That sounds about right, as long as it will fit.  That's something that you, of course, have to discuss with your PS.  In general, it's ABOUT 150-200 cc per bra cup size but more if you're relatively larger and going to larger sizes (ie, c to D), less if you're smaller and talking about smaller sizes (ie, AA to A).  And are you a small, medium or large B now?  If you have enough tissue to accommodate that implant then I think it gets you into the right range.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Choosing best implant size for breast augmentation

+2

1. 32 a/b   to a 32 c only requires about 275 to 300 cc of volume..
2. 32 requires less volume than 34,
3. 34 needs less than 36
4. Moderate or standard implants are wider than Plus
5. Plus are wider than High profile
6. Saline implants can be adjusted somewhat

so   a 34 B to D would require about 375 to 425 .     450 may be a bit much

It is important to consider what you consider is an attractive shape and size of a breast and to be less concerned about the numbers.
Pictures of women in and out of clothing helps some patients

How many cc's are required to go from 34B to a full 34D

+2

Hi Brandi,

It usually takes 200cc to increase size of breast by one cup. So, if you are a B and you desire a full D, then 400cc sounds about right. These are rough estimations, as everyone is different. So, please don't stick to a number as an implant sits and projects differently once it is in its pocket. Allow your surgeon to make the final decision on the table. It also sounds like you may need a lift. Good luck to you, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rice Test!

+2

A great way to see what you are getting yourself into is to perform a rice test;

essentials;

1-Rice

2-measuring cup (mls)

3-Old pair of panty hose

Put  300 mls of rice from measuring cup into each leg of panty hose. Cut off extra panty and tie the hosiery lightly. Put in a bra and try on three different types of clothing; 1-Bikini (summer) 2-Tee shirt (spring) and 3-Sweater (winter). Look in mirror and decide if this is right for you, if not add or subtract rice until you get the desired result. Then pour the amount of rice back into the measuring cup and determine the proper amount.

Finally add 10% to final volume as a correction factor. The test always underestimates the correction.

Good Luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

+2

Breast implant patients are actually seeking a LOOK, not a bra size.

Bra sizes are notoriously variable. Did you know that the cup volumes of the following bras are all equal: 38B, 36C, 34D, etc.

The best way to choose your size is to try on implant sizers in front of a mirror. Your plastic surgeon will help you with this.

Your final LOOK will be approximately what you see in the mirror.

Your final BRA SIZE will depend on who fits you and who makes the bra.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

The implant size you selected will likely get you in the general cup size you dedire

+2
Hello, Cup sizes, based on what is listed in a bra, is highly variable. A 450 cc implant is generally close to what you will need for a 2 cup size increase based on the measurements you provided. The most important thing is that you generally like the way things look when you tried on the sizers. All the best, Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast implant sizes

+2

When you "try on" an implant you get a very different look than when the implant is in your body and under your muscle and breast tissue.  Becoming too focused on a specific cc of implant can lead to disappointment and frustration. I try to have a very clear discussion with my patients about the look they are hoping to achieve. I also encourage patients to bring in photos of women with the bra size and shape that they like. A Victoria's Secret catalog can go a long way in helping your surgeon understand your goals. In the OR I have a range of sizes to choose from. I post the photos of what the patient likes and use intra-operative sizers to be sure that she is not too big or too small before choosing the size of her implants. I hope this helps!

Sarah E. McMillan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants - correlating CCs with Cup Size

+2

Thank you for your question.  Without a picture and without measurements of your breasts, this is extremely difficult to answer.  I recommend you see your local plastic surgeon and get sized in his/her office.  Your breast base diameter will determine whether you need moderate plus or high profile implants. If you are still unsure, return to his/her again for sizing prior to surgery just to make sure.  Good Luck!

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing?

+2

Unfortunate, it is not possible to get a precise advice without direct examination. There is also no direct correlation between volume of implant and resulting cup size.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be critical to help you achieve your goals with the breast augmentation procedure.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.     I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Right size for you?

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS